Woodland Hills, WVU grad Lyons signs with Steelers
Wide receiver Wes Lyons, a Woodland Hills High School and West Virginia graduate, said he has signed with the Steelers.
The 6-foot-8, 245-pounder was a three-year starter for the Mountaineers, finishing his career with 42 receptions for 517 yards, including 20 for 263 yards as a senior in 2009.
Lyons attended a minicamp with the New York Jets last spring but did not play this past season. Lyons worked out for the Steelers in late December and signed a two-year contract with the team Thursday.
"It's a great opportunity," Lyons said. "I'm blessed to have an opportunity to be in the NFL, especially with the hometown team. It's like a dream come true."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers notebook: Pass rush still seeks spark from rookie Tuitt
- Red-zone defense helps Steelers hang on against Falcons
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Rossi: Steelers coaches make positive impact against Bengals
- Steelers’ Brown quickly earning reputation as ‘game wrecker’