Woodland Hills, WVU grad Lyons signs with Steelers
Wide receiver Wes Lyons, a Woodland Hills High School and West Virginia graduate, said he has signed with the Steelers.
The 6-foot-8, 245-pounder was a three-year starter for the Mountaineers, finishing his career with 42 receptions for 517 yards, including 20 for 263 yards as a senior in 2009.
Lyons attended a minicamp with the New York Jets last spring but did not play this past season. Lyons worked out for the Steelers in late December and signed a two-year contract with the team Thursday.
"It's a great opportunity," Lyons said. "I'm blessed to have an opportunity to be in the NFL, especially with the hometown team. It's like a dream come true."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Jaguars’ Bortles is mirror image of Steelers’ Roethlisberger
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- Steelers DE Heyward making strides
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return