Woodland Hills, WVU grad Lyons signs with Steelers
Wide receiver Wes Lyons, a Woodland Hills High School and West Virginia graduate, said he has signed with the Steelers.
The 6-foot-8, 245-pounder was a three-year starter for the Mountaineers, finishing his career with 42 receptions for 517 yards, including 20 for 263 yards as a senior in 2009.
Lyons attended a minicamp with the New York Jets last spring but did not play this past season. Lyons worked out for the Steelers in late December and signed a two-year contract with the team Thursday.
"It's a great opportunity," Lyons said. "I'm blessed to have an opportunity to be in the NFL, especially with the hometown team. It's like a dream come true."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin sees ‘good communication’ with WRs on 1st day
- Inside the ropes: Speedy rookie Archer dazzles at 1st training camp practice
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Timmons feels pressure to transform Steelers back into contender