Woodland Hills, WVU grad Lyons signs with Steelers
Wide receiver Wes Lyons, a Woodland Hills High School and West Virginia graduate, said he has signed with the Steelers.
The 6-foot-8, 245-pounder was a three-year starter for the Mountaineers, finishing his career with 42 receptions for 517 yards, including 20 for 263 yards as a senior in 2009.
Lyons attended a minicamp with the New York Jets last spring but did not play this past season. Lyons worked out for the Steelers in late December and signed a two-year contract with the team Thursday.
"It's a great opportunity," Lyons said. "I'm blessed to have an opportunity to be in the NFL, especially with the hometown team. It's like a dream come true."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Colts pass on defensing Big Ben amid Steelers QB’s record-setting day
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time