Woodland Hills, WVU grad Lyons signs with Steelers
Wide receiver Wes Lyons, a Woodland Hills High School and West Virginia graduate, said he has signed with the Steelers.
The 6-foot-8, 245-pounder was a three-year starter for the Mountaineers, finishing his career with 42 receptions for 517 yards, including 20 for 263 yards as a senior in 2009.
Lyons attended a minicamp with the New York Jets last spring but did not play this past season. Lyons worked out for the Steelers in late December and signed a two-year contract with the team Thursday.
"It's a great opportunity," Lyons said. "I'm blessed to have an opportunity to be in the NFL, especially with the hometown team. It's like a dream come true."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin says practice will determine LB Harrison’s role
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Steelers notebook: Archer shooting for return vs. Buccaneers
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers Lookahead: Struggling 0-3 Bucs come to town
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Steelers notebook: Running game kept Panthers guessing
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job