Woodland Hills, WVU grad Lyons signs with Steelers
Wide receiver Wes Lyons, a Woodland Hills High School and West Virginia graduate, said he has signed with the Steelers.
The 6-foot-8, 245-pounder was a three-year starter for the Mountaineers, finishing his career with 42 receptions for 517 yards, including 20 for 263 yards as a senior in 2009.
Lyons attended a minicamp with the New York Jets last spring but did not play this past season. Lyons worked out for the Steelers in late December and signed a two-year contract with the team Thursday.
"It's a great opportunity," Lyons said. "I'm blessed to have an opportunity to be in the NFL, especially with the hometown team. It's like a dream come true."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers are banking on linebackers to improve strength of defense
- Kaboly: Steelers fill biggest needs by drafting defensive players
- Penn State tight end James, a South Allegheny grad, goes to Steelers in 5th round
- Steeler draft analysis: There’s no excuse for no 1st-round cornerback
- Steelers get their corner with Mississippi’s Golson
- Steelers mock drafts: Beat writers give their picks
- Steelers introduce No. 1 pick Dupree
- Steelers notebook: Harrison will play fewer snaps this season
- Steelers draft WR from Auburn in 3rd round
- Steelers take Kentucky OLB Dupree with 1st-round pick in draft
- Rossi: Steelers’ need also was a pass rusher