Woodland Hills, WVU grad Lyons signs with Steelers
Wide receiver Wes Lyons, a Woodland Hills High School and West Virginia graduate, said he has signed with the Steelers.
The 6-foot-8, 245-pounder was a three-year starter for the Mountaineers, finishing his career with 42 receptions for 517 yards, including 20 for 263 yards as a senior in 2009.
Lyons attended a minicamp with the New York Jets last spring but did not play this past season. Lyons worked out for the Steelers in late December and signed a two-year contract with the team Thursday.
"It's a great opportunity," Lyons said. "I'm blessed to have an opportunity to be in the NFL, especially with the hometown team. It's like a dream come true."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Gorman: Look out for unsung hero
- Penn State suffers home loss to Radford
- West Virginia football team finds late-season mean streak
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- Kiski Area boys a team in transition after graduation of top scorer
- Penn State-West Virginia rivalry renews at Elite Eight
- Expanded roster helps boost Kiski Area girls