Woodland Hills, WVU grad Lyons signs with Steelers
Wide receiver Wes Lyons, a Woodland Hills High School and West Virginia graduate, said he has signed with the Steelers.
The 6-foot-8, 245-pounder was a three-year starter for the Mountaineers, finishing his career with 42 receptions for 517 yards, including 20 for 263 yards as a senior in 2009.
Lyons attended a minicamp with the New York Jets last spring but did not play this past season. Lyons worked out for the Steelers in late December and signed a two-year contract with the team Thursday.
"It's a great opportunity," Lyons said. "I'm blessed to have an opportunity to be in the NFL, especially with the hometown team. It's like a dream come true."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers film session: Missed tackles prove costly
- Steelers’ defense out of sync
- Robinson: There’s no telling when play of aging QBs will fall off
- Big Ben’s struggles emblematic of loss
- Heyward confident youthful Steelers defense will improve
- Steelers intrigued by athleticism of free agent Jones
- Steelers’ Bell gets bulk of team’s touches
- Mistakes multiply for Steelers in rout by Ravens
- Steelers notebook: NFL fines Brown for kick to face