Arians re-signs with Steelers
Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has signed a one-year contract with the Steelers.
Arians' return is not a surprise, as coach Mike Tomlin said last week that he anticipated all but one of his assistants returning for the 2011 season.
The lone loss from Tomlin's staff was defensive backs coach Ray Horton. Horton left to become the Arizona Cardinals' defensive coordinator last month.
Arians has been the Steelers' offensive coordinator since 2007. Tomlin elevated him from wide receivers coach to his current position after succeeding Bill Cowher as the Steelers' coach.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers