Steelers meet with prospects
Boise State wide receiver Austin Pettis and a pair of cornerbacks were among the four college prospects the Steelers hosted Thursday.
The Steelers met with Pettis, cornerbacks Cortez Allen of The Citadel and Ras-I Dowling from Virginia as well as Maryland running back Da'rel Scott at their South Side headquarters.
NFL teams are allowed to host 30 out-of-town prospects in advance of the draft, which will be April 28-30.
The Steelers met earlier this week with three offensive tackle prospects: Alabama's James Carpenter, Florida's Marcus Gilbert and South Carolina's Jarriel King.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Steelers notebook: Receiver Bryant inactive for game vs. Chargers
- Four Downs: Steelers’ Cockrell finds ways to get noticed
- Preparation, passion keep pushing Steelers safety Allen
- Play to watch: Aces wild for Chargers’ favorite play
- Steelers notebook: Shazier will miss 3rd consecutive game
- Playing on West Coast often gets the best of Steelers
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense