Steelers meet with prospects
Boise State wide receiver Austin Pettis and a pair of cornerbacks were among the four college prospects the Steelers hosted Thursday.
The Steelers met with Pettis, cornerbacks Cortez Allen of The Citadel and Ras-I Dowling from Virginia as well as Maryland running back Da'rel Scott at their South Side headquarters.
NFL teams are allowed to host 30 out-of-town prospects in advance of the draft, which will be April 28-30.
The Steelers met earlier this week with three offensive tackle prospects: Alabama's James Carpenter, Florida's Marcus Gilbert and South Carolina's Jarriel King.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Flashback Friday for Pitt
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Run game needed for balance vs. Seahawks
- Police: 4 officers injured in Colorado Springs shooting
- Man dies in ATV crash in Beaver County
- In Uganda, Pope Francis pays tribute to nation’s martyrs
- Absenteeism high on first day back after Peters Township teacher strike
- Pitt notebook: Boyd undecided about leaving early for NFL
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Suicide bomber targets crowd of Shiites in Nigeria