Steelers meet with prospects
Boise State wide receiver Austin Pettis and a pair of cornerbacks were among the four college prospects the Steelers hosted Thursday.
The Steelers met with Pettis, cornerbacks Cortez Allen of The Citadel and Ras-I Dowling from Virginia as well as Maryland running back Da'rel Scott at their South Side headquarters.
NFL teams are allowed to host 30 out-of-town prospects in advance of the draft, which will be April 28-30.
The Steelers met earlier this week with three offensive tackle prospects: Alabama's James Carpenter, Florida's Marcus Gilbert and South Carolina's Jarriel King.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- Tomlin expects Steelers offense to grow
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell could move to replace Polamalu
- Steelers notebook: Cornerback need will wait until draft
- Tomlin eyes Steelers’ return to defensive success this season
- Rooney not expecting much more out of free agency for Steelers
- Steelers re-sign LB Harrison to 2-year deal
- Free agent LB Worilds surprises with announcement of retirement
- Harrison writes he is deciding between signing with Steelers or Titans