Steelers meet with prospects
Boise State wide receiver Austin Pettis and a pair of cornerbacks were among the four college prospects the Steelers hosted Thursday.
The Steelers met with Pettis, cornerbacks Cortez Allen of The Citadel and Ras-I Dowling from Virginia as well as Maryland running back Da'rel Scott at their South Side headquarters.
NFL teams are allowed to host 30 out-of-town prospects in advance of the draft, which will be April 28-30.
The Steelers met earlier this week with three offensive tackle prospects: Alabama's James Carpenter, Florida's Marcus Gilbert and South Carolina's Jarriel King.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers notebook: No-huddle gets limited use vs. Texans
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers lookahead: Colts QB Luck becoming one of NFL’s elite
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack