Steelers meet with prospects
Boise State wide receiver Austin Pettis and a pair of cornerbacks were among the four college prospects the Steelers hosted Thursday.
The Steelers met with Pettis, cornerbacks Cortez Allen of The Citadel and Ras-I Dowling from Virginia as well as Maryland running back Da'rel Scott at their South Side headquarters.
NFL teams are allowed to host 30 out-of-town prospects in advance of the draft, which will be April 28-30.
The Steelers met earlier this week with three offensive tackle prospects: Alabama's James Carpenter, Florida's Marcus Gilbert and South Carolina's Jarriel King.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Steelers look to get struggling ground game going against Titans
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell