Steelers meet with prospects
Boise State wide receiver Austin Pettis and a pair of cornerbacks were among the four college prospects the Steelers hosted Thursday.
The Steelers met with Pettis, cornerbacks Cortez Allen of The Citadel and Ras-I Dowling from Virginia as well as Maryland running back Da'rel Scott at their South Side headquarters.
NFL teams are allowed to host 30 out-of-town prospects in advance of the draft, which will be April 28-30.
The Steelers met earlier this week with three offensive tackle prospects: Alabama's James Carpenter, Florida's Marcus Gilbert and South Carolina's Jarriel King.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense