Steelers meeting with Baylor defensive tackle Taylor
The Steelers are meeting with Baylor defensive tackle Phil Taylor today at their South Side headquarters.
The 6-3, 334-pound Taylor has been widely projected as a first-round pick in the NFL draft at the end of the month.
If Taylor falls to the Steelers at the end of the first round he could be an evenual successor to nose tackle Casey Hampton, who is 33 and has two years left on his contract.
Taylor earned all-Big 12 honors last season after recording 62 tackles, including seven for losses. He played two seasons at Penn State before transferring to Baylor.
Taylor is the first college prospect to visit the Steelers this week.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers’ Beachum, Williams hurting but could play vs. Bengals
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers defensive game changer: Fourth-down stop thwarts Chiefs
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs