Steelers meeting with Baylor defensive tackle Taylor
The Steelers are meeting with Baylor defensive tackle Phil Taylor today at their South Side headquarters.
The 6-3, 334-pound Taylor has been widely projected as a first-round pick in the NFL draft at the end of the month.
If Taylor falls to the Steelers at the end of the first round he could be an evenual successor to nose tackle Casey Hampton, who is 33 and has two years left on his contract.
Taylor earned all-Big 12 honors last season after recording 62 tackles, including seven for losses. He played two seasons at Penn State before transferring to Baylor.
Taylor is the first college prospect to visit the Steelers this week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Kittanning News carries latest books by Boarts and Creel
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Small Business Saturday events set in Connellsville
- Western Pa. dairies get creative to ensure eggnog supply
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- Yahoo investors losing patience with ‘star’ CEO Marissa Mayer
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Small stores take big gamble by not upgrading credit card readers
- Gorman: Penn-Trafford’s Topper not defined by ‘the miss’