Titans' WR Britt arrested
BAYONNE, N.J. — Tennessee Titans receiver Kenny Britt was arrested in his hometown Tuesday after an officer reported seeing him speeding.
Britt, 22, faces charges of eluding the officer, hindering apprehension and obstructing governmental function, Bayonne Police Chief Robert Kubert said.
Britt was driving his Porsche at 71 mph in a 50-mph zone Tuesday, said Kubert, who said Britt drove away from the officer and was eventually found on a side street walking away from the car. Kubert said Britt denied being in the car, then denied driving and finally admitted he was behind the wheel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Steelers QB dismisses preseason woes, looks to opener vs. Browns
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line