Titans' WR Britt arrested
BAYONNE, N.J. — Tennessee Titans receiver Kenny Britt was arrested in his hometown Tuesday after an officer reported seeing him speeding.
Britt, 22, faces charges of eluding the officer, hindering apprehension and obstructing governmental function, Bayonne Police Chief Robert Kubert said.
Britt was driving his Porsche at 71 mph in a 50-mph zone Tuesday, said Kubert, who said Britt drove away from the officer and was eventually found on a side street walking away from the car. Kubert said Britt denied being in the car, then denied driving and finally admitted he was behind the wheel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin leaving `light on’ for injured players
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell injures left ankle in practice
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud
- Steelers notebook: Legursky returns to provide offensive line depth
- Crowd sparse to protest Vick at Steelers’ facility
- Despite injuries, Steelers not lobbying for shorter preseason
- Steelers ink QB Vick, new teammates OK with signing
- Dog-loving fans irate about Vick signing with Steelers
- Steelers hope 6-sack game gives glimpse of pass-rush capabilities
- Rossi: A practically perfect Pittsburgh day