Ward earns top score of 'Dancing' stint
Even Richard Gere never looked quite so smooth on his feet.
Sharply dressed in "An Officer and a Gentleman"-inspired naval uniform and dancing the rumba with partner Kym Johnson, Hines Ward earned the best score of his five-week stint on "Dancing with the Stars" -- a 27.
"I'm getting worried, because it's looking so easy for you, but that's a good thing," said judge Carrie Ann Inaba, who awarded the pair a nine, same as fellow judges Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli.
The Steelers receivers' getup was a nod to the theme of Monday's night's edition of the popular reality competition -- American Week -- as was the background music: "Proud to be an American."
The duo's success came after a rough week of practice leading up to the sensually-charged rumba.
"We had an unromantic week of practice," Johnson said. "We kept bumping into each other. We were trying to be romantic, but it just wasn't working, so I'm glad it worked tonight."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State