Ward earns top score of 'Dancing' stint
Even Richard Gere never looked quite so smooth on his feet.
Sharply dressed in "An Officer and a Gentleman"-inspired naval uniform and dancing the rumba with partner Kym Johnson, Hines Ward earned the best score of his five-week stint on "Dancing with the Stars" -- a 27.
"I'm getting worried, because it's looking so easy for you, but that's a good thing," said judge Carrie Ann Inaba, who awarded the pair a nine, same as fellow judges Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli.
The Steelers receivers' getup was a nod to the theme of Monday's night's edition of the popular reality competition -- American Week -- as was the background music: "Proud to be an American."
The duo's success came after a rough week of practice leading up to the sensually-charged rumba.
"We had an unromantic week of practice," Johnson said. "We kept bumping into each other. We were trying to be romantic, but it just wasn't working, so I'm glad it worked tonight."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- Steelers LBs Jones, Shazier vow to grow from tough seasons
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon
- Steelers’ Rooney says both teams should use same footballs
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder