Hines Ward to have thumb surgery
Hines Ward will have surgery Tuesday to repair ligament damage in his left thumb.
The Steelers wide receiver has been dealing with the injury since the end of the 2010 season.
It didn't hamper Ward during his just-completed stint on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
Ward and partner Kym Johnson won the ballroom dancing competition last night, beating out actresses Kirstie Alley and Chelsea Kane in the finals.
Ward, who turned 35 in March, caught 59 passes for 755 yards and five touchdowns last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Former soccer goalie Lambo chasing NFL dream
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- NFL Draft preview: Sizing up the specialists
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- A host of top NFL Draft picks figure to be versatile defensive linemen
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class
- Baylor’s Petty trying to buck stereotype