Hines Ward to have thumb surgery
Hines Ward will have surgery Tuesday to repair ligament damage in his left thumb.
The Steelers wide receiver has been dealing with the injury since the end of the 2010 season.
It didn't hamper Ward during his just-completed stint on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
Ward and partner Kym Johnson won the ballroom dancing competition last night, beating out actresses Kirstie Alley and Chelsea Kane in the finals.
Ward, who turned 35 in March, caught 59 passes for 755 yards and five touchdowns last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes