Hines Ward to have thumb surgery
Hines Ward will have surgery Tuesday to repair ligament damage in his left thumb.
The Steelers wide receiver has been dealing with the injury since the end of the 2010 season.
It didn't hamper Ward during his just-completed stint on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
Ward and partner Kym Johnson won the ballroom dancing competition last night, beating out actresses Kirstie Alley and Chelsea Kane in the finals.
Ward, who turned 35 in March, caught 59 passes for 755 yards and five touchdowns last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- Rossi: Moats looks to make a splash with Steelers
- Steelers to honor Bettis with ring ceremony in October
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact
- Offseason training helping to accelerate adjustment to NFL life
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career
- Steelers notebook: Line coach wants strong run defense
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Steelers notebook: Best RB tandem in NFL?