Hines Ward to have thumb surgery
Hines Ward will have surgery Tuesday to repair ligament damage in his left thumb.
The Steelers wide receiver has been dealing with the injury since the end of the 2010 season.
It didn't hamper Ward during his just-completed stint on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
Ward and partner Kym Johnson won the ballroom dancing competition last night, beating out actresses Kirstie Alley and Chelsea Kane in the finals.
Ward, who turned 35 in March, caught 59 passes for 755 yards and five touchdowns last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts