Hines Ward to have thumb surgery
Hines Ward will have surgery Tuesday to repair ligament damage in his left thumb.
The Steelers wide receiver has been dealing with the injury since the end of the 2010 season.
It didn't hamper Ward during his just-completed stint on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
Ward and partner Kym Johnson won the ballroom dancing competition last night, beating out actresses Kirstie Alley and Chelsea Kane in the finals.
Ward, who turned 35 in March, caught 59 passes for 755 yards and five touchdowns last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers add cornerback, cut roster to 53
- Steelers remain confident in defense
- Berry wins Steelers’ punting job; Wing traded to Giants
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz