Hines Ward to have thumb surgery
Hines Ward will have surgery Tuesday to repair ligament damage in his left thumb.
The Steelers wide receiver has been dealing with the injury since the end of the 2010 season.
It didn't hamper Ward during his just-completed stint on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
Ward and partner Kym Johnson won the ballroom dancing competition last night, beating out actresses Kirstie Alley and Chelsea Kane in the finals.
Ward, who turned 35 in March, caught 59 passes for 755 yards and five touchdowns last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police charge New Florence man in St. Clair officer’s killing
- Penn State coach fires offensive coordinator
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Penguins centermen enjoying better faceoff success rate
- College football notebook: Richt out at Georgia; Miles staying put at LSU
- Fatal HOV lane crash in Ross under investigation
- Clinton’s $275 billion jobs program tied to infrastructure
- Soutmoreland girls basketball team primary goal: playoffs
- Outdoors notebook: Multiyear license buyers fish more often
- High school notebook: TJ, Clairton head into enemy territory
- Travelers advised to arrive 2 hours early for flights from Pittsburgh International Airport