Steelers trainer leaving for Oregon State
Ariko Iso, the only full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, has taken the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. Iso interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and 2001 before joining the team full-time in 2002.
In 2008, she was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
only full time female athletic trainer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Despite fulfilling promise to mother, Steelers’ Tomlin not yet satisfied
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- In open AFC North, it’s anyone’s game
- Timmons feels pressure to transform Steelers back into contender