Steelers trainer leaving for Oregon State
Ariko Iso, the only full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, has taken the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. Iso interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and 2001 before joining the team full-time in 2002.
In 2008, she was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
only full time female athletic trainer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big