Steelers trainer leaving for Oregon State
Ariko Iso, the only full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, has taken the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. Iso interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and 2001 before joining the team full-time in 2002.
In 2008, she was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
only full time female athletic trainer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell