Steelers trainer leaving for Oregon State
Ariko Iso, the only full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, has taken the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. Iso interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and 2001 before joining the team full-time in 2002.
In 2008, she was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
only full time female athletic trainer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins score 1st win in San Jose in 18 years
- Pitt’s surge goes for naught as No. 11 Purdue prevails at Pete
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Steelers notebook: Opportunity awaits Boykin
- Boras: Alvarez’s power is too valuable for Pirates to let him leave
- Web-savvy terrorists have success luring U.S. recruits with social media
- Stylish, inexpensive dress takes television newsrooms by storm
- Overseas data, financial shares lead stocks to strong December start
- Greater Latrobe doesn’t intend to raise taxes above index set by state
- Perryopolis, Perry Township communities talk ambulance woes
- Express Scripts to offer alternative to $750 toxoplasmosis medication