Steelers trainer leaving for Oregon State
Ariko Iso, the only full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, has taken the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. Iso interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and 2001 before joining the team full-time in 2002.
In 2008, she was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
only full time female athletic trainer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Inside the ropes: Speedy rookie Archer dazzles at 1st training camp practice
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires