Steelers trainer leaving for Oregon State
Ariko Iso, the only full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, has taken the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. Iso interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and 2001 before joining the team full-time in 2002.
In 2008, she was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
only full time female athletic trainer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- Wisconsin’s Gordon flashes ahead of the pack
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class
- Steelers receiver Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games
- This year’s NFL Draft does not appear to offer a Gronkowski type