Steelers' female trainer leaves for Pac-10
Ariko Iso, the first full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, took the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. She interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and '01 before joining the team full-time in '02.
In 2008, Iso was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- NFL notebook: Broncos left tackle Clady tears ACL, likely out for season
- Steelers’ Heyward looking to stay for long haul
- Steelers claim QB-turned-WR Gardner
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- West Virginia WR White selected by Bears