Steelers' female trainer leaves for Pac-10
Ariko Iso, the first full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, took the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. She interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and '01 before joining the team full-time in '02.
In 2008, Iso was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run