Steelers' female trainer leaves for Pac-10
Ariko Iso, the first full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, took the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. She interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and '01 before joining the team full-time in '02.
In 2008, Iso was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers’ Polamalu downplays emotional outburst
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers