Steelers' female trainer leaves for Pac-10
Ariko Iso, the first full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, took the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. She interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and '01 before joining the team full-time in '02.
In 2008, Iso was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Steelers notebook: Big Ben sees increase in throwing out of shotgun
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Steelers remain confident in ground game
- NFL notebook: Cardinals RB Dwyer arrested on assault charges
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up