Steelers' female trainer leaves for Pac-10
Ariko Iso, the first full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, took the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. She interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and '01 before joining the team full-time in '02.
In 2008, Iso was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin leaving `light on’ for injured players
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell injures left ankle in practice
- Steelers ink QB Vick, new teammates OK with signing
- Dog-loving fans irate about Vick signing with Steelers
- Rossi: A practically perfect Pittsburgh day
- Steelers center Pouncey leaves game with ankle injury
- Steelers notebook: Legursky returns to provide offensive line depth
- Crowd sparse to protest Vick at Steelers’ facility