Steelers' female trainer leaves for Pac-10
Ariko Iso, the first full-time female athletic trainer in the NFL, is leaving the Steelers for Oregon State.
Iso, who spent nine seasons as an assistant athletic trainer for the Steelers, took the job as head athletic trainer at her alma mater. She interned with the Steelers during training camp in 2000 and '01 before joining the team full-time in '02.
In 2008, Iso was part of a staff that was honored as the Professional Football Athletic Training Staff of the Year by the Professional Football Athletic Training Society.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Tomlin on Bell’s late TD: ‘We were going to go for it’
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Steelers notebook: Receiver Bryant inactive for game vs. Chargers
- Preparation, passion keep pushing Steelers safety Allen
- Steelers notebook: Shazier will miss 3rd consecutive game
- Four Downs: Steelers’ Cockrell finds ways to get noticed
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Playing on West Coast often gets the best of Steelers
- Play to watch: Aces wild for Chargers’ favorite play