Steelers waive tackle Flozell Adams
The Steelers are down another offensive tackle.
A day after releasing left tackle Max Starks, the Steelers today waived right tackle Flozell Adams. Starks and Adams opened last season as the team's starting offensive tackles, and Adams was the only Steelers offensive lineman to start every game in 2010.
Adams, 36, was due to make $5 million this season, and the Steelers could try to bring him back at a lower cost.
The Steelers signed offensive tackles Willie Colon and Jonathan Scott yesterday but neither can start practicing until Thursday since they had been free agents.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Steelers unfazed by Patriots quarterback Brady suspension saga
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Butler, Steelers defense take on new challenges