Steelers waive tackle Flozell Adams
The Steelers are down another offensive tackle.
A day after releasing left tackle Max Starks, the Steelers today waived right tackle Flozell Adams. Starks and Adams opened last season as the team's starting offensive tackles, and Adams was the only Steelers offensive lineman to start every game in 2010.
Adams, 36, was due to make $5 million this season, and the Steelers could try to bring him back at a lower cost.
The Steelers signed offensive tackles Willie Colon and Jonathan Scott yesterday but neither can start practicing until Thursday since they had been free agents.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- At-home schooling on snow days far from reality
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect at-large
- Small Business Saturday a boon to Alle-Kiski Valley merchants
- Saxonburg machine shop 3 generations strong
- New Christmas decorations make Leechburg shine a little brighter
- Volunteers get West Deer church’s train display back on track
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Offense continues to click as Panthers hold off Kent State, 85-76
- Steelers find success vs. NFC