Steelers waive tackle Flozell Adams
The Steelers are down another offensive tackle.
A day after releasing left tackle Max Starks, the Steelers today waived right tackle Flozell Adams. Starks and Adams opened last season as the team's starting offensive tackles, and Adams was the only Steelers offensive lineman to start every game in 2010.
Adams, 36, was due to make $5 million this season, and the Steelers could try to bring him back at a lower cost.
The Steelers signed offensive tackles Willie Colon and Jonathan Scott yesterday but neither can start practicing until Thursday since they had been free agents.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- Steelers to honor Bettis with ring ceremony in October
- Offseason training helping to accelerate adjustment to NFL life
- Rossi: Moats looks to make a splash with Steelers
- Time running out for Steelers’ third-string quarterback Jones
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career
- QB Roethlisberger embracing teaching role with Steelers’ offense
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Steelers notebook: Best RB tandem in NFL?
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact