Steelers waive tackle Flozell Adams
The Steelers are down another offensive tackle.
A day after releasing left tackle Max Starks, the Steelers today waived right tackle Flozell Adams. Starks and Adams opened last season as the team's starting offensive tackles, and Adams was the only Steelers offensive lineman to start every game in 2010.
Adams, 36, was due to make $5 million this season, and the Steelers could try to bring him back at a lower cost.
The Steelers signed offensive tackles Willie Colon and Jonathan Scott yesterday but neither can start practicing until Thursday since they had been free agents.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice