Steelers waive tackle Flozell Adams
The Steelers are down another offensive tackle.
A day after releasing left tackle Max Starks, the Steelers today waived right tackle Flozell Adams. Starks and Adams opened last season as the team's starting offensive tackles, and Adams was the only Steelers offensive lineman to start every game in 2010.
Adams, 36, was due to make $5 million this season, and the Steelers could try to bring him back at a lower cost.
The Steelers signed offensive tackles Willie Colon and Jonathan Scott yesterday but neither can start practicing until Thursday since they had been free agents.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Jaguars’ Bortles much like Roethlisberger, except for lack of wins
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- NFL record little solace for Steelers WR Brown
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return