Steelers, Sepulveda agree to deal
Daniel Sepulveda will get a chance to win back his punting job.
The Steelers agreed on a contract with Sepulveda, pending a physical. If Sepulveda checks out medically, it will give the Steelers three punters in training camp unless they release one of the other two.
Sepulveda averaged 45.5 yards per punt last season before tearing the ACL in his right knee while making a tackle in an early December game at Baltimore.
Sepulveda, a fourth-round draft pick in 2007, missed the entire 2008 season with the same injury.
Jeremy Kapinos, who replaced Sepulveda last season, and undrafted free agent Aaron Bates are the other punters in camp.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Jaguars’ Bortles much like Roethlisberger, except for lack of wins
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- Steelers notebook: WR Moore trying to work way into mix
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return
- Steelers’ Wheaton proving to be reliable target
- Steelers DE Heyward making strides
- NFL record little solace for Steelers WR Brown