Steelers come to terms with running back Mewelde Moore
The Steelers have come to an agreement with veteran free agent running back Mewelde Moore.
The 5-11, 209-pounder spent the past three years with the Steelers, predominately as a third-down back.
Moore had 33 carries for 99 yards a season ago and 26 catches for 205 yards.
The Steelers were in need of a third-down back. The role was filled during today's first day of full padded practice by rookie Baron Batch.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers film session: Missed tackles prove costly
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Heyward confident youthful Steelers defense will improve
- Steelers’ defense out of sync
- Rossi: Are NFL fans ready for some priorities?
- Mistakes multiply for Steelers in rout by Ravens