Steelers come to terms with running back Mewelde Moore
The Steelers have come to an agreement with veteran free agent running back Mewelde Moore.
The 5-11, 209-pounder spent the past three years with the Steelers, predominately as a third-down back.
Moore had 33 carries for 99 yards a season ago and 26 catches for 205 yards.
The Steelers were in need of a third-down back. The role was filled during today's first day of full padded practice by rookie Baron Batch.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach