Steelers come to terms with running back Mewelde Moore
The Steelers have come to an agreement with veteran free agent running back Mewelde Moore.
The 5-11, 209-pounder spent the past three years with the Steelers, predominately as a third-down back.
Moore had 33 carries for 99 yards a season ago and 26 catches for 205 yards.
The Steelers were in need of a third-down back. The role was filled during today's first day of full padded practice by rookie Baron Batch.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Inside the ropes: Speedy rookie Archer dazzles at 1st training camp practice