Steelers come to terms with running back Mewelde Moore
The Steelers have come to an agreement with veteran free agent running back Mewelde Moore.
The 5-11, 209-pounder spent the past three years with the Steelers, predominately as a third-down back.
Moore had 33 carries for 99 yards a season ago and 26 catches for 205 yards.
The Steelers were in need of a third-down back. The role was filled during today's first day of full padded practice by rookie Baron Batch.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Steelers secondary hopes to carry its weight
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Youngsters getting the chance to produce for Steelers this season
- Steelers’ Brown quickly earning reputation as ‘game wrecker’