Steelers sign free agent tight end
The Steelers have agreed to terms with veteran free agent tight John Gilmore.
The 6-foot-5, 257-pound Penn State graduate started 11 games for Tampa Bay last year and caught 13 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown.
Gilmore, 31, played six years for Chicago and the past three with the Buccaneers.
The Steelers lost backup free agent tight end Matt Spaeth to Chicago last week.
Gilmore will compete with David Johnson for the backup spot behind Heath Miller.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Steelers notebook: Receiver Bryant inactive for game vs. Chargers
- Playing on West Coast often gets the best of Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier will miss 3rd consecutive game
- Four Downs: Steelers’ Cockrell finds ways to get noticed
- Preparation, passion keep pushing Steelers safety Allen
- Play to watch: Aces wild for Chargers’ favorite play
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks