Steelers sign free agent tight end
The Steelers have agreed to terms with veteran free agent tight John Gilmore.
The 6-foot-5, 257-pound Penn State graduate started 11 games for Tampa Bay last year and caught 13 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown.
Gilmore, 31, played six years for Chicago and the past three with the Buccaneers.
The Steelers lost backup free agent tight end Matt Spaeth to Chicago last week.
Gilmore will compete with David Johnson for the backup spot behind Heath Miller.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Steelers secondary hopes to carry its weight
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Youngsters getting the chance to produce for Steelers this season
- Steelers’ Brown quickly earning reputation as ‘game wrecker’