Steelers sign free agent tight end
The Steelers have agreed to terms with veteran free agent tight John Gilmore.
The 6-foot-5, 257-pound Penn State graduate started 11 games for Tampa Bay last year and caught 13 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown.
Gilmore, 31, played six years for Chicago and the past three with the Buccaneers.
The Steelers lost backup free agent tight end Matt Spaeth to Chicago last week.
Gilmore will compete with David Johnson for the backup spot behind Heath Miller.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Tomlin: Penalties only one factor in Steelers’ loss
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Jaguars’ Bortles is mirror image of Steelers’ Roethlisberger
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- NFL record little solace for Steelers WR Brown
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return
- Steelers’ LeBeau faces another challenge
- Steelers secondary aims to improve execution in order to prevent future mistakes
- Bucs’ Murphy turns back the clock to burn Steelers again