Steelers sign free agent tight end
The Steelers have agreed to terms with veteran free agent tight John Gilmore.
The 6-foot-5, 257-pound Penn State graduate started 11 games for Tampa Bay last year and caught 13 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown.
Gilmore, 31, played six years for Chicago and the past three with the Buccaneers.
The Steelers lost backup free agent tight end Matt Spaeth to Chicago last week.
Gilmore will compete with David Johnson for the backup spot behind Heath Miller.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Tomlin expects Steelers offense to grow
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell could move to replace Polamalu
- Steelers notebook: Cornerback need will wait until draft
- Tomlin eyes Steelers’ return to defensive success this season
- Rooney not expecting much more out of free agency for Steelers
- Steelers re-sign LB Harrison to 2-year deal
- Free agent LB Worilds surprises with announcement of retirement
- Harrison writes he is deciding between signing with Steelers or Titans