Veteran tight end Kelly visiting Steelers
Veteran tight end Reggie Kelly is visiting the Steelers today at St. Vincent College.
Kelly, an unrestricted free agent, has spent the last six seasons with the Bengals. The 6-4, 257-pounder caught just 10 passes for 42 yards last season but blocking is his forte.
The Steelers are intested in adding another blocking tight end to their roster even though they signed John Gilmore last week.
The Steelers lost their second-team tight end last month when Matt Spaeth signed with the Chicago Bears.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts