Steelers cornerback Taylor injured in opener
LANDOVER, Md. — Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor broke his thumb in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins. Coach Mike Tomlin said Taylor could miss two weeks and was uncertain whether surgery would be required.
"I wasn't even like paying attention," Taylor said. "But I just know during that time in the first quarter, I really felt it."
Taylor, who signed a four-year contract last month, left the game after the first series and did not return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Steelers notebook: Big Ben sees increase in throwing out of shotgun
- Steelers remain confident in ground game
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- NFL notebook: Cardinals RB Dwyer arrested on assault charges
- Panthers defensive end Hardy placed on exempt list
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers’ defense out of sync
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up