Steelers cornerback Taylor injured in opener
LANDOVER, Md. — Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor broke his thumb in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins. Coach Mike Tomlin said Taylor could miss two weeks and was uncertain whether surgery would be required.
"I wasn't even like paying attention," Taylor said. "But I just know during that time in the first quarter, I really felt it."
Taylor, who signed a four-year contract last month, left the game after the first series and did not return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- Former longtime Steelers publicist Kiely dies
- Steelers have plenty of new faces at wide receiver
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- Why Steelers will — or won’t — snap out of their funk
- Steelers running back blunt about focusing on football
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu’s sideline tirade still making impression on teammates
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- In last preseason game, a final audition for some Steelers