Steelers cornerback Taylor injured in opener
LANDOVER, Md. — Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor broke his thumb in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins. Coach Mike Tomlin said Taylor could miss two weeks and was uncertain whether surgery would be required.
"I wasn't even like paying attention," Taylor said. "But I just know during that time in the first quarter, I really felt it."
Taylor, who signed a four-year contract last month, left the game after the first series and did not return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Steelers notebook: Receiver Bryant inactive for game vs. Chargers
- Preparation, passion keep pushing Steelers safety Allen
- Play to watch: Aces wild for Chargers’ favorite play
- Four Downs: Steelers’ Cockrell finds ways to get noticed
- Steelers notebook: Shazier will miss 3rd consecutive game
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Playing on West Coast often gets the best of Steelers