Steelers cornerback Taylor injured in opener
LANDOVER, Md. — Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor broke his thumb in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins. Coach Mike Tomlin said Taylor could miss two weeks and was uncertain whether surgery would be required.
"I wasn't even like paying attention," Taylor said. "But I just know during that time in the first quarter, I really felt it."
Taylor, who signed a four-year contract last month, left the game after the first series and did not return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Former Steelers kicker Reed doesn’t like new NFL PAT rule
- Steelers’ Heyward looking to stay for long haul
- Steelers claim QB-turned-WR Gardner
- Steelers guard Foster likes offense’s direction heading into season
- Steelers gamble Chickillo can make transition to outside linebacker
- Starkey: Clayton, Steelers and ‘Shouldergate’
- Steelers’ Lemon hopes to put squeeze on opposing QBs
- NFL moves PAT back to 15-yard line
- Penn State tight end James, a South Allegheny grad, goes to Steelers in 5th round
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin takes hands-on approach during minicamp