Steelers cornerback Taylor injured in opener
LANDOVER, Md. — Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor broke his thumb in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins. Coach Mike Tomlin said Taylor could miss two weeks and was uncertain whether surgery would be required.
"I wasn't even like paying attention," Taylor said. "But I just know during that time in the first quarter, I really felt it."
Taylor, who signed a four-year contract last month, left the game after the first series and did not return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Rossi: Steelers’ ‘march of mediocrity’ baffling
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin tunes out criticism from Cowher, Ward
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers rookie wideout Bryant eager to show off talent
- Steelers seeking solutions for scoring problems in red zone