Steelers cornerback Taylor injured in opener
LANDOVER, Md. — Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor broke his thumb in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins. Coach Mike Tomlin said Taylor could miss two weeks and was uncertain whether surgery would be required.
"I wasn't even like paying attention," Taylor said. "But I just know during that time in the first quarter, I really felt it."
Taylor, who signed a four-year contract last month, left the game after the first series and did not return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots