Steelers cornerback Taylor injured in opener
LANDOVER, Md. — Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor broke his thumb in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins. Coach Mike Tomlin said Taylor could miss two weeks and was uncertain whether surgery would be required.
"I wasn't even like paying attention," Taylor said. "But I just know during that time in the first quarter, I really felt it."
Taylor, who signed a four-year contract last month, left the game after the first series and did not return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Monessen lawyer disbarred by state disciplinary board
- CPR helps revive Heinz Field worker with cardiac arrest
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Pitt’s Whitehead, Ollison grab ACC rookie of the year awards
- Agreement on Scaife personal information clears way for will dispute to proceed
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Jury acquits defendant in Mt. Oliver murder case
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates