Steelers cornerback Taylor injured in opener
LANDOVER, Md. — Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor broke his thumb in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins. Coach Mike Tomlin said Taylor could miss two weeks and was uncertain whether surgery would be required.
"I wasn't even like paying attention," Taylor said. "But I just know during that time in the first quarter, I really felt it."
Taylor, who signed a four-year contract last month, left the game after the first series and did not return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Greene expects Steelers jersey retirement ceremony to get emotional
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest
- Steelers film session: Accuracy propels Roethlisberger vs. Colts
- Steelers look ahead vs. Baltimore Ravens: All John Harbaugh does is win
- Rossi: Roethlisberger’s 100th was legendary, maybe more
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word