Steelers cornerback Taylor injured in opener
LANDOVER, Md. — Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor broke his thumb in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins. Coach Mike Tomlin said Taylor could miss two weeks and was uncertain whether surgery would be required.
"I wasn't even like paying attention," Taylor said. "But I just know during that time in the first quarter, I really felt it."
Taylor, who signed a four-year contract last month, left the game after the first series and did not return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension