Former Ohio St. QB Pryor sharp in workout
Time is running out for former Jeannette star quarterback Terrelle Pryor to become eligible for next week's NFL Supplemental Draft, but that didn't stop him from holding an informal workout Friday at Hempfield Area High School near Greensburg.
Former Steelers quarterback coach Kenny Anderson worked out Pryor for more than two hours, putting him through numerous drills.
The former Ohio State standout refined his footwork and ran through controlled scrambling drills. Anderson also had him throw pass patterns on which NFL scouts would evaluate quarterback prospects.
Pryor declined to comment about the workout.
Pryor displayed a quick release and zipped passes on long sideline and corner routes. He also showed his touch on a couple of long passes and crossing patterns.
Pryor on Tuesday called off his pro day at Hempfield because the NFL still had not ruled on his eligibility for Wednesday's supplemental draft. It was the second time in two weeks he postponed the workout.
At least three teams — the Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys — reportedly had planned to attend.
The NFL submitted to all 32 teams the names of players eligible for the supplemental draft. Pryor was not among those listed. Eligibility is determined on a rolling basis, meaning Pryor could be added at any time.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out