Steelers' Kemoeatu, McFadden out against Eagles
The Steelers will be without a handful of starters Thursday night when they play the Philadelphia Eagles in an 8 p.m. preseason game at Heinz Field.
Left guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) and cornerback Bryant McFadden (hamstring) were declared out for the game today by coach Mike Tomlin.
Tomlin has also ruled out cornerbacks Ike Taylor (thumb), Crezdon Butler (quad) and Cortez Allen (hamstring), wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (foot) and inside linebacker Mario Harvey (leg).
Strong safety Troy Polamalu and outside linebacker James Harrison will play against the Eagles after missing last Friday's preseason opener.
The starters are slated to play 20 to 25 snaps, Tomlin said. The fifth-year coach said he will be flexible with how long he plays his starters with the Steelers coming off an uninspired performance in a 16-7 loss to the Washington Redskins.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career
- Steelers notebook: Best RB tandem in NFL?
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- Offseason training helping to accelerate adjustment to NFL life
- Rossi: Moats looks to make a splash with Steelers