CB McFadden looks to be out for Steelers
It appears cornerback Bryant McFadden won't start Sunday because of a nagging hamstring injury.
Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said he anticipates the Steelers starting the same secondary against the Indianapolis Colts as they did against the Seattle Seahawks.
That means William Gay will get the call at cornerback opposite Ike Taylor even if McFadden suits up.
"I think it's a reflection of his health right now," LeBeau said when asked why McFadden wouldn't start.
> > Starting defensive end Brett Keisel (knee) didn't practice for the second straight day, and he is unlikely to play against the Colts. Center Maurkice Pouncey (hamstring) and running back Jonathan Dwyer (shoulder) practiced Thursday after being limited the day before. Receiver Jerricho Cotchery, who has missed the first two games because of a hamstring injury, practiced for a second consecutive day. The Steelers will likely dress six receivers against the Colts if Cotchery can play.
> > Starting right guard Doug Legursky has been fined $10,000 for a clipping penalty last Sunday. He said he plans to appeal. Seattle defensive end Raheem Brock was fined $15,000 for hitting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the lower right leg. He wrote on Twitter that he was blocked into Roethlisberger. Right tackle Marcus Gilbert, who blocked Brock on the play, said that wasn't the case.
"It was very intentional that he hit him down in the legs," Gilbert said. "It was a dive. That's the way we saw it. That's how we looked at it, and that's how the NFL looked at it."
> > Defensive end Dwight Freeney (abdomen), linebacker Gary Brackett (shoulder), strong safety Melvin Bullitt (shoulder), right guard Ryan Diem (ankle) and defensive tackle Fili Moala (ankle) are among the Colts starters who have not practiced this week because of injuries. Tight end Dallas Clark practiced yesterday on a limited basis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reports: Steelers trade for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Steelers won’t change contract policy for Antonio Brown