Steelers receiver Brown fined for block
Wide receiver Antonio Brown has been fined $7,500 for a low block in the Steelers' 23-20 win against the Indianapolis Colts last Sunday night.
The block occurred late in the second quarter while Colts safety Joe Lefeged was returning a Ben Roethlisberger interception. Brown was penalized on the play, but he said he was simply protecting himself when he took out a Colts defender with the block.
"I just took him out before he got me," Brown said.
Brown said he is considering appealing the fine.
"That's a lot of money," the second-year man said. "I can't be giving that away."
Strong safety Troy Polamalu, cornerback Ike Taylor and right guard Doug Legursky are among the Steelers that have been fined since the start of the regular season.
Polamalu was fined $15,000 for a horse-collar tackle, Taylor was fined $15,000 for a head butt and Legursky was docked $10,000 by the league for a clipping penalty.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin says practice will determine LB Harrison’s role
- Steelers notebook: Archer shooting for return vs. Buccaneers
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers Lookahead: Struggling 0-3 Bucs come to town
- Steelers notebook: Running game kept Panthers guessing
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Value of nickel rising in NFL
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers