Steelers receiver Brown fined for block
Wide receiver Antonio Brown has been fined $7,500 for a low block in the Steelers' 23-20 win against the Indianapolis Colts last Sunday night.
The block occurred late in the second quarter while Colts safety Joe Lefeged was returning a Ben Roethlisberger interception. Brown was penalized on the play, but he said he was simply protecting himself when he took out a Colts defender with the block.
"I just took him out before he got me," Brown said.
Brown said he is considering appealing the fine.
"That's a lot of money," the second-year man said. "I can't be giving that away."
Strong safety Troy Polamalu, cornerback Ike Taylor and right guard Doug Legursky are among the Steelers that have been fined since the start of the regular season.
Polamalu was fined $15,000 for a horse-collar tackle, Taylor was fined $15,000 for a head butt and Legursky was docked $10,000 by the league for a clipping penalty.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Timmons feels pressure to transform Steelers back into contender
- Despite fulfilling promise to mother, Steelers’ Tomlin not yet satisfied
- Versatile linebacker Moats getting up to speed with Steelers
- Steelers defensive back Thomas isn’t conceding starting position yet
- In open AFC North, it’s anyone’s game
- Pounceys vow to defend themselves against nightclub allegations
- Report: Steelers worth $1.118 billion
- Steelers’ Taylor ‘hurt’ by pay cut