Steelers receiver Brown fined for block
Wide receiver Antonio Brown has been fined $7,500 for a low block in the Steelers' 23-20 win against the Indianapolis Colts last Sunday night.
The block occurred late in the second quarter while Colts safety Joe Lefeged was returning a Ben Roethlisberger interception. Brown was penalized on the play, but he said he was simply protecting himself when he took out a Colts defender with the block.
"I just took him out before he got me," Brown said.
Brown said he is considering appealing the fine.
"That's a lot of money," the second-year man said. "I can't be giving that away."
Strong safety Troy Polamalu, cornerback Ike Taylor and right guard Doug Legursky are among the Steelers that have been fined since the start of the regular season.
Polamalu was fined $15,000 for a horse-collar tackle, Taylor was fined $15,000 for a head butt and Legursky was docked $10,000 by the league for a clipping penalty.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Jaguars’ Bortles is mirror image of Steelers’ Roethlisberger
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- NFL record little solace for Steelers WR Brown
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return
- Steelers secondary aims to improve execution in order to prevent future mistakes
- Steelers’ LeBeau faces another challenge
- Steelers game changers: Early sack, strip of Roethlisberger set tone
- Steelers DE Heyward making strides