Steelers receiver Brown fined for block
Wide receiver Antonio Brown has been fined $7,500 for a low block in the Steelers' 23-20 win against the Indianapolis Colts last Sunday night.
The block occurred late in the second quarter while Colts safety Joe Lefeged was returning a Ben Roethlisberger interception. Brown was penalized on the play, but he said he was simply protecting himself when he took out a Colts defender with the block.
"I just took him out before he got me," Brown said.
Brown said he is considering appealing the fine.
"That's a lot of money," the second-year man said. "I can't be giving that away."
Strong safety Troy Polamalu, cornerback Ike Taylor and right guard Doug Legursky are among the Steelers that have been fined since the start of the regular season.
Polamalu was fined $15,000 for a horse-collar tackle, Taylor was fined $15,000 for a head butt and Legursky was docked $10,000 by the league for a clipping penalty.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues Steelers need to tackle in September
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster