Ward, Farrior questionable for Patriots game
The Steelers could be without receiver Hines Ward and linebacker James
Farrior on Sunday against New England at Heinz Field. Ward didn't
practice Friday because of a sore ankle, and Farrior (calf) was limited
in practice. Both are questionable for the game.
Nose tackle Chris Hoke (neck), guard Doug Legursky (toe) and linebackers
James Harrison (eye) and Jason Worilds (quadriceps) are out.
Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said Thursday he isn't counting out
Ward, but he's confident there's enough depth to rest Ward if necessary.
"I feel very comfortable with Jerricho (Cotchery) in his spot or
Emmanuel (Sanders) splitting it," Arians said. "We have our fingers
crossed that he will be ready to go because he is the heartbeat. We
don't want to miss him. If he is not there, we have enough guys who are
more than capable."
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic
and last-minute crowds. Gates will open at 2 p.m., and fans will be
subject to full patdowns.
Enhanced security procedures at the stadium gates will require
additional time for inspections.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- Commitment by Steelers’ Gilbert pays off
- Steelers are hoping to mirror Eagles’ full-bore, no-huddle offense
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Steelers re-sign Keisel to bolster depth on defensive line
- Rossi: No arguing Colbert’s impact on Steelers
- Rookie LB Shazier impresses in Steelers debut
- Steelers believe Wheaton ready to step in as No. 2 receiver
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu not concerned with being old man among safeties