Ward, Farrior questionable for Patriots game
The Steelers could be without receiver Hines Ward and linebacker James
Farrior on Sunday against New England at Heinz Field. Ward didn't
practice Friday because of a sore ankle, and Farrior (calf) was limited
in practice. Both are questionable for the game.
Nose tackle Chris Hoke (neck), guard Doug Legursky (toe) and linebackers
James Harrison (eye) and Jason Worilds (quadriceps) are out.
Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said Thursday he isn't counting out
Ward, but he's confident there's enough depth to rest Ward if necessary.
"I feel very comfortable with Jerricho (Cotchery) in his spot or
Emmanuel (Sanders) splitting it," Arians said. "We have our fingers
crossed that he will be ready to go because he is the heartbeat. We
don't want to miss him. If he is not there, we have enough guys who are
more than capable."
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic
and last-minute crowds. Gates will open at 2 p.m., and fans will be
subject to full patdowns.
Enhanced security procedures at the stadium gates will require
additional time for inspections.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: No-huddle gets limited use vs. Texans
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Lawyer: Steelers center Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers lookahead: Colts QB Luck becoming one of NFL’s elite
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark