Ward, Farrior questionable for Patriots game
The Steelers could be without receiver Hines Ward and linebacker James
Farrior on Sunday against New England at Heinz Field. Ward didn't
practice Friday because of a sore ankle, and Farrior (calf) was limited
in practice. Both are questionable for the game.
Nose tackle Chris Hoke (neck), guard Doug Legursky (toe) and linebackers
James Harrison (eye) and Jason Worilds (quadriceps) are out.
Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said Thursday he isn't counting out
Ward, but he's confident there's enough depth to rest Ward if necessary.
"I feel very comfortable with Jerricho (Cotchery) in his spot or
Emmanuel (Sanders) splitting it," Arians said. "We have our fingers
crossed that he will be ready to go because he is the heartbeat. We
don't want to miss him. If he is not there, we have enough guys who are
more than capable."
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic
and last-minute crowds. Gates will open at 2 p.m., and fans will be
subject to full patdowns.
Enhanced security procedures at the stadium gates will require
additional time for inspections.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers unfazed by Patriots quarterback Brady suspension saga
- Inside the Steelers: Ventrone suffers right ankle injury
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers tackle Beachum braces for competition along offensive line