Woodley named AFC Defensive Player of Month
Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Month after recording 7.5 sacks in October.
Woodley became the first player in Steelers history to register multiple sacks in four consecutive games. The fifth-year veteran also had 25 tackles and an interception in helping the Steelers to a 4-1 record in October.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin sees ‘good communication’ with WRs on 1st day
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’