Steelers to update status of safety Polamalu
The Steelers provided no update Monday on Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, who exited the game early Sunday night with what coach Mike Tomlin said were "concussion-like symptoms."
Polamalu appeared to lobby the coaches to go back into the game but was rebuffed.
"We just wanted to err on the side of caution," said Tomlin, who will update Polamalu's status today at his weekly news conference. "That's why we didn't let him return to the game."
Tomlin also is expected to give an update on linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who hasn't played since Oct. 30 because of a balky hamstring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- QB Roethlisberger, Steelers roll past Colts in record-setting game
- Steelers look ahead vs. Baltimore Ravens: All John Harbaugh does is win
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role