Steelers to update status of safety Polamalu
The Steelers provided no update Monday on Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, who exited the game early Sunday night with what coach Mike Tomlin said were "concussion-like symptoms."
Polamalu appeared to lobby the coaches to go back into the game but was rebuffed.
"We just wanted to err on the side of caution," said Tomlin, who will update Polamalu's status today at his weekly news conference. "That's why we didn't let him return to the game."
Tomlin also is expected to give an update on linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who hasn't played since Oct. 30 because of a balky hamstring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue
- Memories of Steelers fan from Beaver Falls go beyond simple recall
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice