Steelers to update status of safety Polamalu
The Steelers provided no update Monday on Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, who exited the game early Sunday night with what coach Mike Tomlin said were "concussion-like symptoms."
Polamalu appeared to lobby the coaches to go back into the game but was rebuffed.
"We just wanted to err on the side of caution," said Tomlin, who will update Polamalu's status today at his weekly news conference. "That's why we didn't let him return to the game."
Tomlin also is expected to give an update on linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who hasn't played since Oct. 30 because of a balky hamstring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Steelers notebook: Big Ben sees increase in throwing out of shotgun
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- Steelers remain confident in ground game
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- NFL notebook: Cardinals RB Dwyer arrested on assault charges
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Steelers film session: Missed tackles prove costly
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments