Steelers to update status of safety Polamalu
The Steelers provided no update Monday on Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, who exited the game early Sunday night with what coach Mike Tomlin said were "concussion-like symptoms."
Polamalu appeared to lobby the coaches to go back into the game but was rebuffed.
"We just wanted to err on the side of caution," said Tomlin, who will update Polamalu's status today at his weekly news conference. "That's why we didn't let him return to the game."
Tomlin also is expected to give an update on linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who hasn't played since Oct. 30 because of a balky hamstring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Steelers safety Holliman is real enigma
- Steelers guard Foster likes offense’s direction heading into season
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again