Steelers to update status of safety Polamalu
The Steelers provided no update Monday on Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, who exited the game early Sunday night with what coach Mike Tomlin said were "concussion-like symptoms."
Polamalu appeared to lobby the coaches to go back into the game but was rebuffed.
"We just wanted to err on the side of caution," said Tomlin, who will update Polamalu's status today at his weekly news conference. "That's why we didn't let him return to the game."
Tomlin also is expected to give an update on linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who hasn't played since Oct. 30 because of a balky hamstring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice
- Steelers’ Haley unfazed by criticism
- Steelers rookie wideout Bryant eager to show off talent
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Steelers notebook: Gay endorses domestic violence app
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role