Steelers to update status of safety Polamalu
The Steelers provided no update Monday on Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, who exited the game early Sunday night with what coach Mike Tomlin said were "concussion-like symptoms."
Polamalu appeared to lobby the coaches to go back into the game but was rebuffed.
"We just wanted to err on the side of caution," said Tomlin, who will update Polamalu's status today at his weekly news conference. "That's why we didn't let him return to the game."
Tomlin also is expected to give an update on linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who hasn't played since Oct. 30 because of a balky hamstring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers QB dismisses preseason woes, looks to opener vs. Browns
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Rossi: Steelers will make small strides this season
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers