Steelers guard Foster set to play this week
Steelers starting right guard Ramon Foster practiced Tuesday, and he expects to play Thursday night against the visiting Browns.
Foster suffered a low ankle sprain Sunday in the Steelers' 35-7 win over the Bengals.
"He's a tough dude," Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "He should be all right."
The Steelers will be without wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who didn't practice Tuesday because of a foot injury. Sanders apparently put too much stress on his foot after returning from knee surgery a couple of weeks ago.
"It may be time for him to sit and rest for 11 days," Arians said, "and get truly healthy."
> > Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) didn't practice Tuesday, and he is not expected to play against the Browns. Outside linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) and running back Jonathan Dwyer (foot) also didn't practice. Wide receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring) practiced on a limited basis. Inside linebacker Larry Foote, who didn't play last Sunday because of a hamstring injury, practiced Tuesday and said he is playing against the Browns.
> > Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, on pace to get sacked 45 times this season, defended his offensive line Tuesday.
"You'd probably cut those sacks in half if it wasn't for the style of game that I play," Roethlisberger said. "My thumb (injury) wasn't on a sack. The big injuries just seem to happen on regular plays. I don't think I take too many big shots."
> > Arians said it is important to him that wide receiver Hines Ward gets the 10 catches he needs to reach 1,000 for his career but not at the expense of the team.
"I want to see him get it, but it's not something we're going to force," said Arians, who was Ward's position coach from 2004-06.
"It's all about winning."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers veteran cornerback Ike Taylor announces retirement
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Interior linemen replace flash with experience for this year’s NFL Draft
- Steelers receiver Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- NFL draft preview: Rich harvest of receivers
- Versatile Iowa lineman Scherff in solid position
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Minnesota tight end Williams hopes to join father as 1st-round pick
- Ex-Alabama WR Cooper gains separation from other draft prospects at position
- Steelers host two more pre-draft tight ends
- Steelers name player engagement coordinator