Roethlisberger practices, is probable against Denver
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger practiced today in preparation for Sunday's AFC Wild Card game at Denver. Roethlisberger, who participated in practice, is listed as probable.
Also, linebackers James Harrison (toe) and LaMarr Woodley (hamstring), defensive end Brett Keisel (groin), guard Doug Legursky (shoulder), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), offensive tackle Jonathan Scott (back) are all probable.
Cornerback Cortez Allen (shoulder) and running back Mewelde Moore (knee) will not play at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium. Safety Ryan Clark had been ruled out earlier this week because of complications caused by the altitude in Denver.
Center Maurkice Pouncey was limited in practice, but said there's a possibility he could play.
"I do want to play," said Pouncey, who said coach Mike Tomlin will decide on his availability. I might play."
Pouncey and Polamalu were both named to the NFL All-Pro first team today.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Tomlin eyes Steelers’ return to defensive success this season
- Tomlin expects Steelers offense to grow
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell could move to replace Polamalu
- Steelers re-sign LB Harrison to 2-year deal