Roethlisberger practices, is probable against Denver
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger practiced today in preparation for Sunday's AFC Wild Card game at Denver. Roethlisberger, who participated in practice, is listed as probable.
Also, linebackers James Harrison (toe) and LaMarr Woodley (hamstring), defensive end Brett Keisel (groin), guard Doug Legursky (shoulder), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), offensive tackle Jonathan Scott (back) are all probable.
Cornerback Cortez Allen (shoulder) and running back Mewelde Moore (knee) will not play at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium. Safety Ryan Clark had been ruled out earlier this week because of complications caused by the altitude in Denver.
Center Maurkice Pouncey was limited in practice, but said there's a possibility he could play.
"I do want to play," said Pouncey, who said coach Mike Tomlin will decide on his availability. I might play."
Pouncey and Polamalu were both named to the NFL All-Pro first team today.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- Steelers seeking solutions for scoring problems in red zone
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Steelers notebook: WR Brown recalls Houston’s Watt as teammates at CMU