Roethlisberger practices, is probable against Denver
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger practiced today in preparation for Sunday's AFC Wild Card game at Denver. Roethlisberger, who participated in practice, is listed as probable.
Also, linebackers James Harrison (toe) and LaMarr Woodley (hamstring), defensive end Brett Keisel (groin), guard Doug Legursky (shoulder), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), offensive tackle Jonathan Scott (back) are all probable.
Cornerback Cortez Allen (shoulder) and running back Mewelde Moore (knee) will not play at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium. Safety Ryan Clark had been ruled out earlier this week because of complications caused by the altitude in Denver.
Center Maurkice Pouncey was limited in practice, but said there's a possibility he could play.
"I do want to play," said Pouncey, who said coach Mike Tomlin will decide on his availability. I might play."
Pouncey and Polamalu were both named to the NFL All-Pro first team today.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Photo gallery: Steelers 1st-round draft picks
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- NFL Draft preview: Sizing up the specialists
- Former soccer goalie Lambo chasing NFL dream
- A host of top NFL Draft picks figure to be versatile defensive linemen
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- NFL Draft preview: QB crop thin after top 2
- Baylor’s Petty trying to buck stereotype
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft