Roethlisberger practices, is probable against Denver
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger practiced today in preparation for Sunday's AFC Wild Card game at Denver. Roethlisberger, who participated in practice, is listed as probable.
Also, linebackers James Harrison (toe) and LaMarr Woodley (hamstring), defensive end Brett Keisel (groin), guard Doug Legursky (shoulder), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), offensive tackle Jonathan Scott (back) are all probable.
Cornerback Cortez Allen (shoulder) and running back Mewelde Moore (knee) will not play at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium. Safety Ryan Clark had been ruled out earlier this week because of complications caused by the altitude in Denver.
Center Maurkice Pouncey was limited in practice, but said there's a possibility he could play.
"I do want to play," said Pouncey, who said coach Mike Tomlin will decide on his availability. I might play."
Pouncey and Polamalu were both named to the NFL All-Pro first team today.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster