Roethlisberger practices, is probable against Denver
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger practiced today in preparation for Sunday's AFC Wild Card game at Denver. Roethlisberger, who participated in practice, is listed as probable.
Also, linebackers James Harrison (toe) and LaMarr Woodley (hamstring), defensive end Brett Keisel (groin), guard Doug Legursky (shoulder), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), offensive tackle Jonathan Scott (back) are all probable.
Cornerback Cortez Allen (shoulder) and running back Mewelde Moore (knee) will not play at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium. Safety Ryan Clark had been ruled out earlier this week because of complications caused by the altitude in Denver.
Center Maurkice Pouncey was limited in practice, but said there's a possibility he could play.
"I do want to play," said Pouncey, who said coach Mike Tomlin will decide on his availability. I might play."
Pouncey and Polamalu were both named to the NFL All-Pro first team today.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger hurting after big hit
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Steelers film session: Missed tackles prove costly
- Big Ben’s struggles emblematic of loss
- Steelers game changers: Steelers fooled by Ravens’ play action
- Steelers intrigued by athleticism of free agent Jones
- Tomlin can’t dodge Baltimore sideline misstep
- Robinson: There’s no telling when play of aging QBs will fall off