Report: Steelers will keep linebackers coach Butler
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Steelers are expected to retain linebackers coach Keith Butler, according to an NFL Network report. Earlier reports suggested Indianapolis coveted Butler, who was expected to interview with the Colts today.
Also, the Steelers have expressed interest in interviewing former Kansas City coach Todd Haley to fill the vacant offensive coordinator position. Haley, Green Bay assistant Tom Clements and quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner are considered among the front runners to replace Bruce Arians, who landed in Indianapolis after a short retirement.
With Butler returning, the focus shifts again on him being the likely successor to defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau. Butler's contract had expired, but weekend negotiations accelerated after the Colts extended him an offer.
Ravens hire Caldwell
Jim Caldwell is back in the NFL, this time as the Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach.
The 57-year-old Caldwell was hired yesterday by the Ravens. The appointment comes less than two weeks after Caldwell was fired as head coach of the Indianapolis Colts following a 2-14 season.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin met with Caldwell over the weekend to discuss the offensive coordinator's job.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- Rossi: Moats looks to make a splash with Steelers
- Steelers to honor Bettis with ring ceremony in October
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact
- Offseason training helping to accelerate adjustment to NFL life
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career
- Steelers notebook: Line coach wants strong run defense
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Steelers notebook: Best RB tandem in NFL?