Steelers net three extra draft picks
The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks • all in the seventh round -- in next month's draft.
The picks, compensation for free agent losses the previous year, give the Steelers four selections in the final round of the draft and 10 overall.• Past seventh-round picks by the Steelers include running back Baron Batch (2011), tight end David Johnson (2009) and defensive end Brett Keisel (2002).
Compensatory picks were awarded at today's NFL owners meetings based on a formula of free agent gains and losses. The Steelers lost tight end Matt Spaeth and defensive end Nick Eason last year. They signed tight end John Gilmore but he did not make the team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin leaving `light on’ for injured players
- Steelers notebook: Legursky returns to provide offensive line depth
- Crowd sparse to protest Vick at Steelers’ facility
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Steelers won’t change contract policy for Antonio Brown
- Heinz Field shows off its new closed-end look in south end zone
- Steelers ink QB Vick, new teammates OK with signing
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell injures left ankle in practice