Steelers net three extra draft picks
The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks • all in the seventh round -- in next month's draft.
The picks, compensation for free agent losses the previous year, give the Steelers four selections in the final round of the draft and 10 overall.• Past seventh-round picks by the Steelers include running back Baron Batch (2011), tight end David Johnson (2009) and defensive end Brett Keisel (2002).
Compensatory picks were awarded at today's NFL owners meetings based on a formula of free agent gains and losses. The Steelers lost tight end Matt Spaeth and defensive end Nick Eason last year. They signed tight end John Gilmore but he did not make the team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell
- Workhorse role suits Steelers running back Bell
- Steelers notebook: Finally, the bye week is on tap
- Robinson: Injuries derail success of Steelers’ young defensive players