Steelers net three extra draft picks
The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks • all in the seventh round -- in next month's draft.
The picks, compensation for free agent losses the previous year, give the Steelers four selections in the final round of the draft and 10 overall.• Past seventh-round picks by the Steelers include running back Baron Batch (2011), tight end David Johnson (2009) and defensive end Brett Keisel (2002).
Compensatory picks were awarded at today's NFL owners meetings based on a formula of free agent gains and losses. The Steelers lost tight end Matt Spaeth and defensive end Nick Eason last year. They signed tight end John Gilmore but he did not make the team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers defensive game changer: Fourth-down stop thwarts Chiefs
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB