Steelers net three extra draft picks
The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks • all in the seventh round -- in next month's draft.
The picks, compensation for free agent losses the previous year, give the Steelers four selections in the final round of the draft and 10 overall.• Past seventh-round picks by the Steelers include running back Baron Batch (2011), tight end David Johnson (2009) and defensive end Brett Keisel (2002).
Compensatory picks were awarded at today's NFL owners meetings based on a formula of free agent gains and losses. The Steelers lost tight end Matt Spaeth and defensive end Nick Eason last year. They signed tight end John Gilmore but he did not make the team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Greene expects Steelers jersey retirement ceremony to get emotional
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest
- Steelers film session: Accuracy propels Roethlisberger vs. Colts
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers look ahead vs. Baltimore Ravens: All John Harbaugh does is win
- Rossi: Roethlisberger’s 100th was legendary, maybe more