Two more draft prospects visit Steelers
Brigham Young defensive tackle Hebron Fangupo and Wayne State safety Jeremy Jones are visiting the Steelers today as the team with less than two week before the start of the NFL draft.
The 6-1, 323-pound Fangupo recorded 26 tackles last season for BYU, including six for losses. Jones starred as a cornerback for Wayne State, a Division I-AA school in Michigan. His 291 career tackles are most for a defensive back in Wayne State history. The 5-10, 197-pounder also ranks among the school's all-time leaders in interceptions with 17.
Teams are allowed to host up to 30 out of area prospects in advance of the draft. The Steelers are expected to wrap up the visits part of draft preparation early next week.
The draft will be held April 26-28.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell