Address problem holding back Rostraver
To the Editor:
In honor of my mom, Rose Bruno Calderone, who left us last year on May 19, I want to continue her untiring effort to name the love of her home and business area Rostraver, Pa.
She eagerly wanted this area to grow. Perhaps a lack of the correct address has stopped this dream from being fulfilled.
Can anyone who knows the real reason or reasons for the lack of growth along Route 51 please write a letter to the editor and divulge justified reasons.
The economy is not the ultimate concern -- population can't be. The good farmers have sold or are willing to sell land. Uniontown area is developed beautifully. Greensburg and Washington are certainly to be admired.
I am a daughter who would like to see her mom's dream come true. It must be done in good taste.
Carmel A. Calderone
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Warrants issued for women accused of prostitution in New Stanton sting
- NFL notebook: Gifford had CTE, family says
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Russia’s crackdown in predominantly Muslim region fuels exodus to ISIS
- Pizza delivery woman robbed in Greensburg
- ‘Crisis mode’ near at U.S.-Mexico line as nearly 5,000 children try to cross border in October