Waynesburg man dies in Carroll Twp. crash
A Waynesburg man was killed in a two-vehicle accident Monday at the intersection of the Mon/Fayette Expressway and state Route 136 in Carroll Township.
John L. Thomas, 42, of 623 East High St., was pronounced dead at the scene, Carroll Township police reported.
Mary Baxter, 64, of 415 Fifth St., California, was treated at the scene by Tri-Community Ambulance for apparent leg and chest injuries. She was transported to UPMC in Pittsburgh. A UPMC spokeswoman said the hospital had no information on Baxter.
Carroll Township police said Baxter exited the expressway and her car collided with Thomas' pick-up truck, which was traveling east on Route 136, just west of Ringgold High School.
Thomas' vehicle spun and rolled over onto the embankment along east berm of Route 136. He was ejected and trapped under the vehicle, police reported.
Route 136 was closed periodically until about 2 p.m.
Carroll Township police were assisted by Monongahela and state police along with firefighters from Valley Inn and New Eagle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ford City budget may not be final
- Angel trees feature pets from shelter
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- Babies welcomed to the world in holiday style
- November spared Valley effects of wintry weather
- Mentor takes young Brackenridge hunter under his wing
- Eastern Pa. man jailed in Armstrong County
- Shoppers can buy gifts for seniors through Home Instead program
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Demand for surveillance systems boosts sales for Vector Security
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar