Kittanning couple charged after Monday's drug bust
A borough couple was arrested Wednesday in connection with the arrest earlier this week of an alleged drug dealer from Ford City who police say made home deliveries for an additional fee.
Kittanning Police Chief Ed Cassesse said his department arrested Mindy Beck, 44, and William A. Westwood, 47, both of 535 Highland Ave., Kittanning.
Their arrests follow that of Vincent T. Wallace on Monday.
Cassesse said Beck is charged with criminal conspiracy and illegal use of a communications facility. Westwood is charged with delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, delivery of drug paraphernalia, and criminal conspiracy.
Both were arraigned Wednesday before District Judge James Owen and committed to the Armstrong County Jail on $10,000 bond each.
The couple's arrest stemmed from the arrest Monday night of Wallace by members of the Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team after he allegedly delivered of 2.4 grams of suspected crack cocaine to Beck's and Westwood's residence.
Police said the couple was acting as middlemen for a third party who was the drug buyer.
The third party, however, was a police informant who turned the drugs over to ArmNET agents, authorities said. ArmNET detective Frank Pitzer said more arrests in Kittanning and Ford City may follow as a result of the three arrests.
He said the arrests were the result of several weeks of surveillance in the Kittanning and Ford City areas.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Pitt notebook: Offensive struggles continue
- Downtown holiday parade festive, but turnout low
- Dubinsky suspended for cross-check on SidneyCrosby
- Steelers remain cautious of Seattle QB Wilson on ground, through air
- Howard leads West Virginia over Iowa State
- WPIAL Class A notes: Return sparks Clairton for 2nd straight week
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line