Valley product Clemons pays a visit to Steelers
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Wide receiver Toney Clemons visited the Steelers on Wednesday and met with several coaches, including head coach Mike Tomlin, as part of his pre-draft tour of interested teams.
Clemons, a Valley High School and Colorado product, said he believes he is among the team`s top 30 draft-board players.
He also had recent sit-down meetings with Jacksonville and Green Bay.
Clemons said the thing that impressed him most about the Steelers` visit, and what set them apart from the others was 'How familiar they are with me,' and he called them a 'first-class organization.'
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Online sales, promotions give Pittsburgh-area stores global reach
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says