Still looking for 'Hamilton' tickets? Lottery starts Dec. 30
A digital lottery for tickets to the hit musical “Hamilton” in Pittsburgh’s Benedum Center has been announced, ahead of the show’s Jan. 1 opening.
The digital lottery will open at 11 a.m. Dec. 30 for tickets to the Jan. 1 performance. Subsequent digital lotteries will begin two days prior to each succeeding performance.
Forty tickets will be sold for every performance for $10 each. The musical will run through Jan. 27.
How to enter the lottery
• Use the official app for “Hamilton,” now available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (hamiltonmusical.com/app).
• You can also visit hamiltonmusical .com/lottery to register.
• The lottery will open at 11 a.m. two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9 a.m. the day prior to the performance.
• Winner and nonwinner notifications will be sent at approximately 11 a.m. the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided).
• No purchase or payment necessary to enter or participate.
• Each winning entrant may purchase up to two tickets.
• Only one entry per person. Repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded.
• Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4 p.m. the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4 p.m. the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
• Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning two hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID. Lottery tickets are void if resold.
Patrons must be 18 or older and have a valid, nonexpired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. Tickets are nontransferable.
Ticket limits and prices displayed are at the sole discretion of the show and are subject to change without notice.
Lottery prices are not valid on prior purchases. The lottery ticket offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. All sales are final — no refunds or exchanges. The lottery may be revoked or modified at any time without notice.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning.
Tickets for “Hamilton” are currently on sale. Patrons are advised to check the official “Hamilton” channels and trustarts.org for late release seats which may become available at short notice.
The musical is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury secretary, according to a release. The score blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B and Broadway.
With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, direction by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler and music supervision and orchestrations by Alex Lacamoire, “Hamilton” is based on Ron Chernow’s biography of Hamilton, according to the release.
The musical is produced by Jeffrey Seller, Sander Jacobs, Jill Furman and The Public Theater.
Shirley McMarlin is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-5750, email@example.com or via Twitter @shirley_trib.