Non-famous twins deserve some extra love on Mother’s Day
Moms of twins have double the pleasure, double the fun, on Mother’s Day.
Imagine if those twins are famous, to boot. That’s double the bragging rights and, no doubt, double the pricey Mother’s Day gifts.
We’ve all heard of celebri-twins Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, who started in television at 6 months old on “Full House” and later turned their talents to fashion design. With a combined net worth reported in the $300 million range, they’re the world’s wealthiest twins, according to therichest.com.
They’re followed on the rich list by musicians Joel and Benji Madden, former NFL stars Ronde and Tiki Barber and actors Dylan and Cole Sprouse and Tia and Tamera Mowrey.
Some other famous twins: Laverne Cox and M Lamar, Barbara Bush and Jenna Bush Hager, Zach and Jeremy Roloff, Charlotte and Samantha Ronson, Giovanni and Marissa Ribisi, Gunnar and Matthew Nelson, Ann Landers and Abigail Van Buren (Dear Abby).
What about them?
What about the nonfamous twins of celebrities? Do they get special attention from their moms as compensation? We hope they do.
If their famous sibs are off being famous on Mother’s Day, they can have mom all to themselves.
Here are five not-so-famous people with their better-known twins:
1. Sami and Rami Malek — Sami is a teacher sometimes seen on the red carpet with his brother. Actor Rami won the 2019 Best Actor Oscar for his toothy portrayal of the late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury in “Bohemian Rhapsody.”
2. Michael and Ashton Kutcher — Michael, born with cerebral palsy, is a public speaker and an advocate for children with CP and for organ donation. Actor Ashton came to fame as the dim-witted (but cute) Michael Kelso on “That ’70s Show.” He’s also become an activist against human trafficking.
3. Angel and Aaron Carter — Angel is a model who gave birth to her first child in January. In recent years, pop star Aaron has been known as much for his personal struggles with bankruptcy, arrests and substance use as for his music. Recent reports have him doing better.
4. Hunter and Scarlett Johansson — Hunter has done some acting and often escorts his sister on the red carpet. Scarlett, the Black Widow of the “Avengers” movie franchise, was the world’s best-paid actress in 2018.
5. Dan and Jon Heder — Dan works behind the movie camera in animation and special effects. Jon may always be best remembered as the gawky Idaho teen in “Napoleon Dynamite,” for which he won two 2004 MTV Movie Awards. He’s also a movie producer.
Shirley McMarlin is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-5750, [email protected] or via Twitter .