Out & About: Diners enjoy farm-to-table fare at watershed farm
How’s this for a mouth-watering summer dinner menu:
• Garden gazpacho with tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers
• Watermelon and feta salad with arugula and honey herb vinaigrette
• Thai kohlrabi salad with smoked salmon
• Grilled street corn with Baja sauce, chili powder and Parmesan cheese
• Green tomato pork chili verde
• Smoked BBQ chicken thighs
About 100 lucky diners indulged in this tasty fare at the fifth annual Farm-to-Table Harvest Dinner on Aug. 10 at the Loyalhanna Watershed Farm in Ligonier.
With ingredients donated by Ligonier Country Market vendors, the dinner was prepared by Chef Shay MacDonald and his wife, Carrie, co-owners of Ligonier Tavern and Table.
Dinner proceeds help to fund field trips to the farm for students from area schools.
Welcoming guests were LWA Executive Director Susan Huba and board members Tom Smith and Wink Knowles.
Wayne Shaffer sang and played guitar, while Maria DiPiazza offered a selection of wines from La Vigneta Winery in Sarver.
Seen: Bridget Hormon, Tammy Colt, Phil and Gladys Light, Karen Sherwin, Tom and Nancy Donchez, Art and Cheryl McMullen, Kathy Brown, Abby Brown, Dr. Hugh and Nancy Brallier, Rich Lopretto and Phyllis Bertok, Herb and Jeanne Gundey and Chris and Tara Thistlewaite.
Shirley McMarlin is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-5750, [email protected] or via Twitter .