Overnight inbound Liberty Tunnel work scheduled through Saturday
Inbound lanes of the Liberty Tunnel will be closed overnight this week for construction, PennDOT announced.
The northbound tunnel that feeds traffic into Pittsburgh will close to motorists from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Thursday and from 8 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday.
Work will include installation of electrical conduit, fire suppression pipe and concrete repairs.
The outbound lanes of the Liberty Tunnel will not be affected, and McArdle Roadway will remain open in both directions.
All inbound traffic will be detoured at the south portal of the Liberty Tunnel and be directed to follow the posted detour:
• Route 51 (Saw Mill Boulevard)
• Exit to I-376 West/U.S. 19 South toward Carnegie/Airport/West End
• Exit 69A toward U.S. 19 South/Banksville Road
• Keep left and loop back to I-376 East toward Fort Pitt Tunnel
• Follow I-376 East through Fort Pitt Tunnel and across the Fort Pitt Bridge
• For access to I-279 destinations, follow the I-279 signs. All other destinations, take exit toward I-376 East/Monroeville
• Take the left exit 71A to Grant Street
• Turn left onto Grant Street