Check out new restaurants opening in Allegheny County
The Allegheny County Health Department licensed 45 new restaurants and food stores last month.
Here are some highlights that are now open:
• Spork Pit , 5349 Penn Ave., Pittsburgh’s Garfield neighborhood: Texas-style barbecue by chef Christian Frangiadis, chef of nearby Spork restaurant.
• Taco Diablo , 297 Beverly Road, Mt. Lebanon: Restaurant and bar serving tacos, small plates led by chef Adam Manculich.
• Stack’d Hampton , 5055 William Flinn Highway, Allison Park: Hamburger and craft beer chain opening its fourth Pittsburgh-area location.
• AJ’s Burger & Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken , 110 Smithfield St., Downtown Pittsburgh: Peruvian restaurant that also has an Oakland location. It also offers takeout, delivery and catering.
• Casa Brasil , 5904 Bryant St., Pittsburgh’s Highland Park neighborhood: Brazilian restaurant
• City Fresh Pasta , 2107 Murray Ave., Pittsburgh’s Squirrel Hill neighborhood: Pasta restaurant and catering service that also has a location on the North Side.
• The Pittsburgh Juice Company , 301 Grant St., Downtown Pittsburgh: Juice and smoothie bar in Lawrenceville opening a location in One Oxford Centre’s second floor lobby.
• Insomnia Cookies , 1734 Carson St., Pittsburgh’s South Side: National cookie chain that also delivers. Also open in Oakland.
To view the full list, click here .
Theresa Clift is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Theresa at 412-380-5669, email@example.com or via Twitter @tclift.