Town Talk: New year brings anniversaries, birthdays around Carnegie, Bridgeville
Happy birthday to Maureen (Flaherty) Nelson of Collier who celebrates Jan. 5. Maureen is the wife of Jim Nelson. They have two children, Erin (Ryan) Cummings and Brendan (Janna) Nelson. They also have four grandchildren, Meghan and Declan Cummings and Summer and Adam Nelson.
• Happy 87th birthday to Angie Adamo Calabrese of Cubbage Hill who celebrates on Jan. 11. She is mom to three, grandmother of nine and great-grandmother to six.
• Happy 43rd wedding anniversary to Jodi and Dan Spell of Collier who will celebrate on Jan. 5. Jodi and Dan are the parents of Dan of Collier, Jennifer (Bret) Rapier of Virginia, and Dave (Keri) Spell of Jefferson Hills. They also have five grandchildren, Dante Spell, Brynn and Rebecca Rapier and Bailey and Maggie Spell.
• Lucca Matthew and Liam Thomas Gutilla will celebrate their second birthdays on Jan. 8. They are the twin sons of Becky Penatzer and Matt Guttilla of Carnegie and grandchildren of Dawn Penatzer and Gerry Guttilla. Big sisters are Maddie Rae and Rylee Mae.
• Birthday greetings are sent to Arlene Yustak of Collier, who celebrates Jan. 6. Arlene and her late husband, Ted, are the parents of Monica (John) Zajicek, Melissa (Ken) Hackman, Marla (Bob) Malcolm and Mandy (Graham) Turnbull. They also have 16 grandchildren.
• JoAnn (Choura) McIntosh of Carnegie celebrates Jan. 6 with her husband David. JoAnn and David are the parents of two daughters, Heather (Jason) Wawrzeniak and Jamie (Jeff) Bourg. JoAnn and David have four grandchildren, Truman and Harper Wawrzeniak and Kendal and Guerin Bourg.
• Birthdays this week include Alivia and Alexa Adamski, Leigh Ann (McGill) McGinnis, Joan Zawilla, Declan Cummings, Amelia Nordeen, Amanda Woods, Amanda Naccarelli, Joe Uzar, George Johnson, Dan Butera, Ron Shiwarski, Peg Bowman, Debbie Giffin, Hannah Olstein, Haley Mollica, Kelly Horak, Sarah Medwig, Jill (Bennett) Mangum and Jackie Crewl.
• Many birthdays this month in the Hatcher household. Zackary Wilson, son of Desi Hatcher, turns 10 on Jan. 6; Devin Hatcher, son of Todd Hatcher, will be 20 on Jan. 8; Whitney Hatcher, daughter of Keith Hatcher, will be 21 on Jan. 9; Laila Hatcher, daughter of Todd Hatcher, will be 9 on Jan. 11; Randy Hatcher, son of Randy Hatcher, will be 18 on Jan. 20 and Kaylee Goolsby will turn 17 the same day. Cameron Hatcher, son of Todd, will be 18 on Jan. 28.
• Anniversary wishes are sent across the miles to South Carolina to retired Carnegie police Chief Jeff Harbin and wife Lou Ann, who will celebrate their 38th wedding anniversary Jan. 10. They are the parents of David (Mica) of Maryland and Bryan (Nicole) of North Carolina. Lou Ann and Jeff have four grandchildren, Mallory, Ayla, Hayden and Logan.
• Drue Trombetta of Collier will celebrate her birthday Jan. 9 with her husband Frank, daughters Allie and Anna and granddaughter Ava.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a contributing writer for the Tribune-Review. Reach her at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.