Spring recital season takes center stage in Bridgeville
Some people hear music and their feet just have to start dancing. This holds true for the local dance studios that will present spring recitals in the coming weeks.
• Kathi's Dance Studio, 535 Baldwin St., Bridgeville, will present its annual show on May 22 at 7 p.m. at South Fayette High School. Owner Kathi Shuck teaches all of the classes with the help of several student assistants. Call 412-257-0465 for the summer session and fall registration.
• Thomas Dance Studio, 111 Washington Ave., Bridgeville, has been owned by Linda Thomas Spencer since 1967 and has a second location at 7053 Steubenville Pike, Oakdale. Its 50th “Junior/Senior” recital will be on May 19 at 3 p.m. and May 20 at noon and 5:30 p.m. at West Allegheny High School. The “Petite” recital will be held June 2 at 11:30 a.m., 2:30 and 5:30 p.m. and on June 3 at 12:30 and 4:30 p.m. at Chartiers Valley Intermediate School. There are nearly 900 students between the two facilities. Summer classes begin in June, offering tots' camps and dance camps for pre-schoolers to teens. Call 412-257-2000 or visit thomasdance.com for summer and fall registration information.
• Legacy of Dance, 1810 Main St., Scott, teaches ballet, acro, tap, jazz, baton, hip hop, creative movement, “Mommy and Me” and contemporary dance classes. The competitive dance company is in its 7th year. The spring show is on June 16 at 1 and 6 p.m. at Chartiers Valley Intermediate School. Call 412-221-3736 for information on summer and fall registration.
• Celebrating more than 38 years, the Carnegie Performing Arts Center, 150 East Main St., Carnegie, will showcase its students on June 2 at 8 p.m. and on June 3 at 2 p.m. at the Andrew Carnegie Music Hall, 300 Beechwood Ave., Carnegie. Classes are taught in ballet, tap, jazz, modern, lyrical, pre-dance through pre-professional, musical theater, acro, pointe, yoga and drama. Call 412-279-8887 for the next session's registration information.
• Mansfield Conservatory West, 319 W. Main St., Carnegie, offers ballet, jazz, tap, musical theater, core strengthening and sculpting, and several adult programs. “Fiera de Junio” will be presented at the studios at 7 p.m. on June 2 and on June 3 at 2 p.m. A limited number of tickets are available by calling 412-877-0046. Call for fall registration information as well.
• Judy's School of Dance, Hillside Christian Community Gymnasium, 1050 Campbells Run Road, Carnegie, will showcase its students at 7 p.m. June 9 at Carlynton High School. Students at the school, which has been in business for 38 years, learn tap, ballet, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, tumbling and baton. Call 412-992-1723 for fall registration information.
• Joy School of Dance, 68 E. Crafton Ave., Crafton, will present its 64th show at Keystone Oaks High School on June 16 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Call 412-922-0907 for summer and fall registration information.
• Dance Time Studio, 22 E. Crafton Ave., Crafton, has scheduled its 27th annual recital for June 3 at 3 p.m. at the Carnegie Music Hall, Oakland. Its competitive hip hop group is called The Underground. The studio also has a location at 1468 Old Steubenville Pike, lower level, Robinson. Call 412-922-7575 for fall registration information.
Charlotte Smith is a Tribune-Review contributing writer. Reach her at 724-693-9441 or email@example.com.