Nine Carnegie streets scheduled for 2019 paving
Residents on nine Carnegie streets will get a freshly paved road in 2019.
Carnegie Council members at their March 11 meeting accepted a bid from Youngblood Paving Inc. for the 2019 paving maintenance program in the amount of $376,733.
The roads selected each year for pavement are “based off of a road audit provided by the municipal engineer,” borough Manager Steve Beuter said.
Money for the program comes from the liquid fuels fund that is received each year from the state, he said.
In 2019, roads to be paved in Carnegie include:
- · Grienbrier Drive from Forsythe to the cul-de-sac
- · Mary Street from Main to Library Avenue
- · Trimble Avenue from Washington to Ridge
- · Dickman Street
- · James Street from Chestnut to Hays
- · Brown Avenue from Chestnut to Hays
- · Sansbury Street from Lydia to East Main
- · Hays Street from East Main to James
- · Woodruff Drive from Chestnut to End
Once a schedule is crafted for the paving, residents will be notified, Beuter told council members.