Sharpsburg and Cooper-Siegel libraries offer programs
Activities at Sharpsburg Community Library can be registered for by calling 412-781-0783.
• Stories at lunch, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. July 22. Meet at Family Worship Center, 200 Eighth St. Get a free book to keep.
• Green Grocer, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. July 22. Buy fruits, vegetables and herbs from the truck that visits weekly. It will be in the library parking lot at 1212 Main St.
• Speculative Fiction Book Club, 7 to 8 p.m. July 24. This month’s selection is the historical fantasy “The Golem and the Jinni” by Helene Wecker. Copies of the book will be available at the circulation desk.
• Maker Mondays will be from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. for children kindergarten age and older.
• STEAM Lab will be from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays for students in second grade and above.
Activities at Cooper-Siegel Community Library can be registered for by calling 412-828-9520.
• Urban Biking 101, 9 a.m. to noon July 19. Join the library and Bike Pgh for a three-hour workshop on the ins and outs of bicycling in the city.
Bring your bike and head to our back parking lot for drills and exercises. For ages 15 and older.
• Nuttin’ But the Truth, 11 a.m. to noon July 22. This month’s selection is “Born to Be Posthumous: The Eccentric Life and Mysterious Genius of Edward Gorey” by Mark Dery.
• Teen Tuesday Maker Space, 2:30 to 5 p.m. July 23. Free for children in grades five to 10. Each week, there’s a different maker project related to the summer reading theme, “A Universe of Stories.”
• NovelKnitters, 6 to 8 p.m. July 24. Beginners are welcome.