Drug and theft cases among those recently handled by Judge Herbst in Monroeville
Monroeville District Court Judge Jeffrey Herbst handled these cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. Charges were filed by Monroeville police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
• Dominic Potochnick, 63, of Turtle Creek on charges of making materially false oral statements and statements under penalty. Charges were filed Feb. 20.
• Christopher Elliot, 42, of Irwin on charges of theft by deception and conspiracy. Charges were filed Oct. 25, 2017.
Elliot went before the judge on another case. Charges of theft by deception and conspiracy were held for court. Those charges also were filed Oct. 25, 2017.
Waived preliminary hearings
• Anthony Jonah Parrotta, 26, of Kittanning on charges of retail theft. Charges were filed Feb. 16, 2017.
• Timothy Patrick Lynch, 32, of Monroeville on charges of driving under the influence. Pitcairn police filed the charges May 24.
• Shakia Nichols, 33, of East Pittsburgh on charges of disorderly conduct, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and three counts of possession of controlled substances. Pitcairn police filed the charges May 18.
• Tony Baldwin, 37, of Pitcairn on charges of simple assault, disorderly conduct and harassment. Pitcairn police filed the charges May 8.
• Frankie Vannes Williams, 30, of Pitcairn on charges of simple assault, disorderly conduct and harassment. Pitcairn police filed the charges Feb. 8.