Drugs, theft, harassment cases recently handled by Judge Herbst in Monroeville
Monroeville District Court Judge Jeffrey Herbst handled these cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. Charges were filed by Monroeville police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
• Edwin J. Moore Jr., 25, of McKeesport on charges of interference with custody of children, concealment of whereabouts of child, theft, receiving stolen property, corruption of minors and unauthorized used of a motor vehicle. Charges were filed by Pitcairn police July 16.
• Richard M. Tran, 27, of Pittsburgh, on four charges of deception and false impression. Charges were filed by Pitcairn police March 28.
Waived preliminary hearings
• Rodney Jones, 19, of Penn Hills, on charges of intent to deliver a schedule 1 drug, possession of marijuana , possession of drug paraphernalia, driving without a license and failing to stop at a stop sign. Charges were filed July 17.
• Shaniah D. Stevenson, 20, of Wilmerding, on two charges of theft, forgery and receiving stolen property. Charges were filed Dec. 20.
• John Sanford, 38, of Pittsburgh, on charge for theft. Charges were filed Dec. 8, 2016.
• Amarius D. Wright, 22, of Jacksonville, Florida, on four charges of harassment, two charges of making terroristic threats and criminal mischief. Charges were filed March 16.
Dillon Carr is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Dillon at 412-871-2325, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @dillonswriting.