Assault, theft cases recently handled by Judge Herbst in Monroeville
Monroeville District Court Judge Jeffrey Herbst handled these cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. Charges were filed by Monroeville police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
• Juwane Dunn, 21, of Braddock on charges of theft by unlawful taking. Charges were filed Feb. 18.
• Turanda Shaw-Adams, 50, of Penn Hills on charges of theft of leased property. Charges were filed May 27.
• Jullian Figueroa, 25, of Cleveland, Ohio on charges of resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. Charges were filed July 10.
Waived preliminary hearings
• Travis Kaczynski, 37, of Pitcairn on charges of terroristic threats, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, harassment, disorderly conduct and two counts of possession of firearms prohibited. Pitcairn police filed the charges May 7.
• Veronica Valdez, 49, of Vandergrift on two counts of theft by deception. Charges were filed May 21.
• Cherelle Edwards, 32, of Pittsburgh on six counts of retail theft. Charges were filed Jan. 16.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .