DUI, drug cases among those recently handled by Judge Herbst in Monroeville
Monroeville District Court Judge Jeffrey Herbst handled these cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. Charges were filed by Monroeville police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
- Daniel Giron, 37, of Monroeville on charges of strangulation, terroristic threats and five counts of simple assault. Charges were filed Jan. 30.
- Derek Moore, 29, of Pittsburgh on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Charges were filed Nov. 4.
- Allison Fritzus, 55, of Pitcairn on charges of possession of controlled substances. Allegheny County police filed the charges March 6.
- Clifton Thompson, 26, of Clairton on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia, two counts of possession with intent to deliver and two counts of possession of controlled substances. Charges were filed Feb. 16.
Waived preliminary hearings
- Maurice King Jr., 25, of Turtle Creek on charges of driving under the influence, habitual offenders, public drunkenness, careless driving, reckless driving, operating a vehicle without required financial responsibility, driving with a suspended license, disorderly conduct, accident involving damage to unattended vehicle/property, failure to notify police of an accident involving damage to vehicle/property and two counts of criminal mischief. Pitcairn police filed the charges March 21.
- Kyle Dudley, 27, of Penn Hills on charges of driving under the influence, following too closely and operating a vehicle without a valid inspection. Charges were filed Jan. 21.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter .