Fourth annual Monroeville Home Show set for this weekend at the Monroeville Convention Center
People looking to start housing projects or want to talk with experts about home improvement can find all they need and more at the Monroeville Convention Center this weekend.
Simon Event Management of Greensburg presents the fourth annual Monroeville Home Show Jan. 25-27 at 209 Mall Blvd.
“Every year it gets a little bigger,” Producer Kelly Simon said. “You can walk in to the show and be able to talk with experts from every different type of company. It’s pretty much everything you can imagine.”
More than 200 exhibitors will be on hand offering information and services for home building, decorating, landscaping and various repairs.
The three-day event is much more than windows, doors, pools and roofing.
“We’ve incorporated some special areas into the show,” Simon said. “It’s nice that they can walk around and be able to do some other things.”
Special areas include:
- Kids Kingdom with costumed characters, face painting and a bounce house among other activities.
- Wine Pavilion by Starr Hill Winery of Clearfield County with at least 20 different wines to sample and purchase by the glass or by the bottle.
- Craft Beer Corner by Vecenie Distributing of Pittsburgh with at least 20 different beers and complimentary samples.
- Pet Lover’s Pavilion with the latest in foods, services and accessories for cats and dogs.
- Author’s Avenue featuring local authors of books on a wide range of topics such as haunted houses and Bigfoot.
- An entertainment stage with cooking demonstrations, live music and talks on food, health and home buying.
Authors include paranormal researchers Stan Gordon and Ed Kelemen and humorist David Melesky.
Special guest Aubrey Marunde of HGTV’s “Flip or Flop Vegas” will be on hand 5:30-8:30 p.m. Friday and noon-3 p.m. Saturday.
She’ll meet with attendees and discuss their plans, ideas, colors, fabrics and more.
Admission is $5 for adults. Children under 12 get in free and parking is free.
People who bring in a nonperishable food item or pet food for a local food bank can get a buy-one-get-one-free admission.
More information about the home show is available at simoneventmanagement.com.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, email@example.com or via Twitter @MikeJdiVittorio.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter .