Monroeville parks department schedules summer programs
The Monroeville Recreation and Parks Department is seeking registrants for upcoming programs for children and adults.
The following programs have deadlines approaching in order to participate:
• The Monroeville Summer Day Camp’s first week starts June 1. Children aged 5 ½ to 13 will go to Monroeville Community Park East from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday for craft projects and other recreational activities. Cost is $155 and the deadline to sign up is May 25.
• Chipewee Day Camp’s first week starts June 10. Children with mental and physical disabilities aged six and above will go to Monroeville United Methodist from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday for games, crafts and field trips. Cost is $13 per day for Monroeville residents and $25 per day for non-residents. The deadline to sign up is June 3.
• Swim lessons will be available for children aged 6 months and above starting June 10. The times vary by levels of ability and age and each class will be held at the Monroeville Community Pool. Cost is $50 to $55 and the deadline to sign up is June 3.
• The C.S. Kim Karate facility on Monroeville Boulevard will host a Kids Martial Arts Safety Camp starting June 11. The course will be from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday for five weeks. It will be for children ages five to 12. Cost is $44 and the deadline to sign up is June 4.
• An introductory scuba class will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. June 2 at the Monroeville Community Pool. The one-time course is for people aged 16 and above. Cost is $12. Those who register for the introductory class will receive $12 off the cost of a six-week Scuba Certification course. It starts June 9 and will be held at the Monroeville Community Pool from 7 to 9 p.m. on Sundays. The cost is $349 and the course is for people aged 16 and above. The deadline to sign up is June 2.
For more information on the courses, contact the Monroeville Recreation and Parks office at 412-856-1006.
Dillon Carr is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Dillon at 412-871-2325, [email protected] or via Twitter .