Theft, firearms cases recently handled by Judge Herbst in Monroeville
Monroeville District Court Judge Jeffrey Herbst handled these cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. Charges were filed by Monroeville police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
• Brandon Murphy, 24, of McKeesport on charges of simple assault, disorderly conduct and riot – intent to commit a felony. Charges were filed May 15.
• Kim Houston, 55, of Pitcairn on charges of retail theft. Charges were filed July 28.
• James Oliver, 20, of Columbus, Ohio on charges of retail theft. Charges were filed Sept. 10.
• Don Andre Roberts, 23, of Penn Hills on charges of simple assault and strangulation. Charges were filed June 10.
• Kennan Easley, 28, of Penn Hills on charges of firearms not to be carried without a license, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, prohibiting text-based communication, signaling improperly and two counts of possession of firearm prohibited. Charges were filed Sept. 6.
Easley went before the judge on another case. He waived a preliminary hearing on charges of possession of controlled substances and turning movements and required signals. Charges were filed July 17.
• Edward Stiegler, 56, of Pittsburgh on charges of driving under the influence and careless driving. Charges were filed Aug. 5.
Waived preliminary hearings
• David Campbell, 41, of Apollo on charges of driving under the influence, possession of controlled substances and possession of drug paraphernalia. Charges were filed July 28.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .