Plenty of spooky fun planned for Murrysville, Delmont and Export residents
Looking for some spooky fun this Halloween season? There are plenty of seasonal events taking place in the Star’s coverage area. Here are just a few:
• Kings Family Restaurant off of Route 66 in Delmont will host a trunk-or-treat event from 6-7 p.m. on Oct. 21. There is no cost to participate.
Kids under 12 eat for free. The restaurant is at 200 Sheffield Drive.
• The Delmont VFD Auxiliary’s annual Halloween Parade will be held Oct. 26 at noon.
Sign-ups are taking place Oct. 22 from 9-11 a.m. and 5-7 p.m., and Oct. 23 from 5-7 p.m. at the fire department’s social hall, 2360 Route 66 in Delmont.
For more, call the fire hall at 724-468-4011.
• The Rotary Club of Murrysville-Export’s 54th annual Halloween Parade will take place Oct. 26.
Registration will begin at 10:30 a.m. at Mother of Sorrows Church, 4202 Old William Penn Highway, and the parade will end at the Murrysville Volunteer Fire Company on Sardis Road.
There is a short-route option that will line up at First Presbyterian Church, 3202 North Hills Road.
Families, children, couples, businesses and organizations are encouraged to enter. There will be prizes awarded in several costume categories. The parade will begin at 11 a.m.
For more, call 412-287-6474 or email [email protected].
• Export will hold its annual Halloween parade Oct. 25, and trick-or-treating in the borough will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31.
For more, see Export Pennsylvania.com.
• Trick-or-treating in Delmont and Murrysville will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31.
• Mother of Sorrows Youth Ministry will host its first-ever Trunk or Treat.
It will take place until 8 p.m. Oct. 26, following the 5 p.m. Mass at the church, 4202 Old William Penn Highway in Murrysville.
Adults can register their trunk for a $20 donation (includes two trick-or-treater admissions). The cost to register a trick-or-treater is $5. Proceeds will benefit those attending the National Catholic Youth Conference. Checks can be made payable to Mother or Sorrows.
Food trucks will be available, and prizes for both the best-decorated trunk and best costume will be awarded at 7:15 p.m.
For more, see MotherOf SorrowsChurch.org.
Do you have a Halloween-themed community event happening in Murrysville, Export or Delmont? Email [email protected]!
Patrick Varine is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Patrick at 724-850-2862, [email protected] or via Twitter .